It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:55 pm

Post subject: Best hardware sampler to integrate with DAW (Logic Pro) betw
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:46 am 

Hello guys
Sorry for a long question .
I have bunch of Virtual Instrumenrs - Spectrasonics stuff ,NI Komplete with Kore and so on and Mac Dual G5.

Anyways for a couple of years I’ve been doing my music inside computer.Since I’m from a band background, I got tired of mousing around and I was gonna get some hardware .

For Synth sound I got Electribe MX1 - I’m really happy with that.Next I wanted to get some sampler like I said around 500 - 1000 $
I’m not a real sampler geek and I definitelly will not do deep ,precise sample editing.Also - since I’m doing electronica- progressive rock style - so I’m not planning on doing everything inside the sampler - like some hip hop guys would do.I just want it mostly for sampled vocals and maybe some beats.

So basically I’m looking for something that will integrate with my logic with ease and something that I can use live while recording.
I reserched a lot.Looked into AKAI mpc samplers.Cheapest one worth buying seems mpc 1000.I do not know how well it would sync with logic but it does not seems like thing for live jamming ( comparing for example to Roland SP series).

Looked into Electribe SX1 since I already have MX1 but smartmedia card and transfer file seems like big drawback
Lastly I was researching Roland stuff.A lot of guys swearing be Roland 606 ( nice screen and better editing) Another group of guys recommend little Roland SP 404 -for it’s price but looks like this one does have USB
support and mic line in.

For me the winner is Roland SP 555 - better hardware layout of effect for live jamming
and for me unbeatable thing is USB support where I hope I’m gonna be able to sync it with logic and record track straight there with effect.

So my question is whether you guys know about other sampler which would fit my needs better then Roland SP 555.
Thanks for your time

Milan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:10 am 
Awesome Member

for what your looking to do i can't really think of a better unit then a 555 or the 606 so u pretty much got it covered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:38 am 

axiom gates wrote:
for what your looking to do i can't really think of a better unit then a 555 or the 606 so u pretty much got it covered

Yep, I'd say 555 specifically. The 606 maxes out at 512mb cf cards which will be hard to find at a reasonable price before long. Something that could be fixed with an OS update but ain't likely.