It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:39 pm

Post subject: Mixers????
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:15 am 

What's up guys? Don't know if anybody on here knows about mixers, but here I go. [I Copied and pasted this post from another forum. Sorry if somethings are out of order, hopefully you will understand what I am trying to say.] -

Right now I have a Denon DN-X300, and overall am happy with it. Although, I have had this mixer since a few months after it hit the market. I believe it is time for an upgrade. Originally I was looking between the Denon DN-X1500S and the Korg ZERO4. The Korg was very tempting, but the price was hefty and so were the complaints, and now they don't even make them anymore(don't know if I was supposed to leak that). So I though I was good with the 1500. Then, as usual, I did a little more looking and saw two others that caught my attention. The Audio Innovate AEM 100i with the Innofader pre-installed, and the Mackie d.4 Pro. The price difference is very wide. Audio Innovate: I like the innofader stock, and the analogue osc. + filters. Mackie: I like the fact I can use it in the studio to "tie it together" using firewire, the X-Y filters, 4 channels, etc. I also like the fact that Audio Innovate is right here in America and has an About Us section on their website, as much of todays products are "made in china".

Getting a 4 channel or a 2 channel doesn't really matter to me. I don't care for to many effects since I have plenty of fx boxes (1 being the 404) that I keep in my dj setup and computer fx for studio use. here's my dilemma: I plan on upgrading most of my studio within the next 6 months. I would like to get an audio interface, midi keyboard, and some other stuff. In your best opinion (forget the fact that the mackie costs $500 more), Should I look more into the Audio Innovate and upgrade my interface, or is the can the Mackie's Onyx Pre's and interface handle the job of a mobile studio recording/production console? I am not a big fan of buying products with features I don't use, which is why I don't want to waste money on the d.4 Pro if the interface isn't that well suited for the job. I have looked at Pioneer, but considering club djing isn't my main forte, I don't see the purpose in getting an 700/800.

They are both great mixers in their own right, if you look online, both have outstanding reviews. I was going to upgrade to SSL, but tonight decided that I would try to spend more time learning my Denon 5500, considering it was my dream machine and I spent $900+ on it. I do a lot of recording and beat production and was looking to upgrade my pro tools system. I have an Mbox 2 right now but plan on getting the Mbox micro so when I am on the road and just want to edit things, I don't need to plug in the bigger Mbox, Just a flash drive and Pro Tools is there. So I like the fact that Mackie has 2 mic inputs with phantom power and onyx preamps, which also get rave reviews in my researching. Also the 4 channels would be good for hooking my SP 404 into channel 3 and have the the effects running through the sp also. I haven't had any time lately to test them out in a store, which is what I should do. I have called AGI, and they said you can't go wrong with either. Overall I would be spending the same price on an upgrade. A Mackie d4, or the AEM 100i + good audio interface. Thanks for your input. Hope any of this makes sense. Sorry if it doesn't. Long day at work.

Sorry for the really long post, just figured I would try and explain my situation as best as I could so you would understand. Thank you in advance. If something is not clear, please explain and I will try to better word it.

I am also open to other ideas on mixers.

Music is Love

and if you saw the paint on my face and the brain cells is like palendrome. hard to say

www.myspace.com/djbeanfunk