It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-User "Gear that is the best" "But then is garbage"
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:34 am 

Crane wrote:
First off. I am going through a hard week, so I want to say thank you for this entertainment.

Sorry to hear that, allow me to entertain you further with the response I know you're after.

Crane wrote:
SP- Not sure why you are so hostile, I just assumed you returned shit over ebay, I didn't realize the your rein of screwing over sellers crossed other platforms, so I apologize for that. My returns were for shitty work done on the internal boards of units, not because 20 year old units had a scratch.

I was hostile because your comment was bang out of order, as is this one. I happen to have a conscience which is why I don't buy from Amazon. I also cover the cost of any return where the return is my fault. I do not cover the cost or returning faulty or misrepresented products.

Crane wrote:
It sounds like you already got the ES-1? Genuinely asking, why didn't you buy the ESX? Again, I love the ES-1, but the ESX fulfills a butch of shit that you keep saying should be included, and all it is, is an ES-1 on Crack. An ESX with a 404 would do er'thing.

The pots on the es1 are the same as the pots in the sp202 and the pitch works the same as well. You can make them more steady by adding more of those nylon washers that are found under a few of the pots to the others.

I am going to wrap up your other remarks in your dedicated thread (here)

I actually agreed with you in the thread about external sampling and your response was "You're certainly on a roll lately spouting a lot of bullshit yourself though". I said I wasn't going to read the b/s above! But Agreed with you. You are going to be in a pleasant surprise when you try external sampling while playing back a loop on the SP-555 after how much shit you've spewed.
Haven't spouted any shit, but you're certainly spouting enough of it. There's barely any pitch change on the SP-202 whereas the ES-1 has four fucking octaves. And yes, I have the ES-1, it is EXACTLY what I expected it to be and therefore I am happy with it!

I have no interest in the ESX, it's a nice box but I'm not interested in it. I'm perfectly capable of researching what a box does and doesn't do, so don't waste your time telling me your thoughts on it, I'm keeing the ES-1 for the very reasons I chose it over the ESX in the first place.

Crane wrote:
Interested in this comment "SP-USER said their MPC is shit (only the Modern 'inMusic' ones mind you, not the JJOS stuff)."
You returned the MPC one cause you had to sign up for updates. Why didn't you just use it as of the last update? Yet you said not the JJOS stuff. You have never used the JJOS stuff? So if your odd beef is with 'inMusic' what stops you from buying a proper old mpc? A MPC500 + SP404 is better than what you have. Or a simple Yamaha QY100 + SP is better.

I think you need to return this shit and get the KORG ESX and SP-404.

I wasn't able to add the Mellotron and Odyssey stuff to it without the update. I'm not even going to get into the practices of inMusic, who frankly should face a lawsuit IMHO. The workflow was not conductive to enjoyability either, it was basically like using a computer, only completely fucking pointless because I was much more comfortable using a mouse on a big screen, benefitting from the processing power of the computer than having to use that thing. It's just a cash register for inMusic; a cash register with pads on as I have already pointed out.

I have no interest in the old school MPCs either, because again as I have already pointed out, they are still menu based boxes and I have no interest in that. Not intetested in the QY100 either, I have two perfectly capable sequencers in the ES-1 and SP-555, both of which are fast, hands-on sequencers that don't use menus.

I'll be sticking to my SP-555 + ES-1 combo and with zero regrets, but cheers anyway bruh :lol:

Crane wrote:
Also, when I said "I bet you have a tasty pussy" that had nothing to do with your picture. That was an insult because you act like a little b****, not the way you gush over IIIII picture who is a man as well.
LMFAO, thanks for the giggles :lol:

Just so you know, I have zero attraction to IIIII's avatar (and I do mean ABSOLUTE ZERO). Admittedly she's quite a babe, but my own preference is for white women with a retro vibe, not bitchy-looking 'cookie-cutter' Instagram rejects, and in that avatar she looks like a typical bitchy Instagram reject to me, even down to the 'Ugh, Whateva!' expression on her face!

To me, that's just fucking nightmare fuel!

But no bruh, just no. The reason I asked who she was is because everyone else seemed to know but me, and I was just curious who it was that's all. I only drew her as a bit of fun over the portrait thing, and IIIII had the most viable avatar on here to be drawn cause it was a photo of a person you bloody idiot!

Keep putting your foot in your mouth and I'll help you ensure that it stays there :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:30 pm 

Hey SP-USER,

how about your setup? Bought a SP-505 already? Have you seen the new Sonicware Liven LoFi-12?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 pm 

TGN wrote:
Hey SP-USER,
Have you seen the new Sonicware Liven LoFi-12?

ironically, if i'm not worng, SP-USER was very critical against the SmplTrek product to be a far different step from the Liven series and instead he theorized that Sonicware had to make something more similar to this series...so now there is this LOFI-12 wich is very similar to the Liven serie...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:47 am 

ellaguru wrote:
ironically

Ironically, this is a re-established es-1 with dope sound and sequencer.

This is like an Old Batman Show.

Will SP-User return his pristine ES-1? we will have to wait and see!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:30 pm 

TGN wrote:
Hey SP-USER,

how about your setup? Bought a SP-505 already? Have you seen the new Sonicware Liven LoFi-12?

You mean SP-555, right?

Bruh, I bought it around two weeks ago and still haven't received it. So now I have to wait to see what happens once the customs holding period is up. I won't be purchasing anything else from abroad if it involves customs, put it that way, and personally I think customs are to blame because the tracking messed up ever since it arrived at customs.

I don't think Parcelforce are the problem, I think customs have fucked up!

So fuck it, I'm covered anyway and I'm just not prepared to chase it anymore. I still don't know how much taxes I'll have to pay on it. They said I'll receive a letter itemising any taxes that need to be paid, but I'm still waiting to receive that letter!

Yes, I saw the Sonicware Liven LoFi-12 thanks to Ellaguru's thread and I totally agree it looks absolutely dope! That is exactly the sort of thing I was expecting to see from the Liven dude, I'm super-pleased to see it and I'm telling you bruh, I reckon it will sell like hot cakes!

And I'm guessing Korg be like ... So who's gonna buy a non-sampling Volca Sample now? :lol:

ellaguru wrote:
ironically, if i'm not worng, SP-USER was very critical against the SmplTrek product to be a far different step from the Liven series and instead he theorized that Sonicware had to make something more similar to this series...so now there is this LOFI-12 wich is very similar to the Liven serie...

Well what can I say bruh, other than when you're right, you're right :mrgreen:

Crane wrote:
This is like an Old Batman Show. Will SP-User return his pristine ES-1? we will have to wait and see!!!!

Beware the Joker :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:39 pm 

SP-USER wrote:

Yes, I saw the Sonicware Liven LoFi-12 thanks to Ellaguru's thread and I totally agree it looks absolutely dope! That is exactly the sort of thing I was expecting to see from the Liven dude, I'm super-pleased to see it and I'm telling you bruh, I reckon it will sell like hot cakes!

first shippment begun yesterday, i think 50 LOFI-12 yet sent, so they launched a second one... :o

SP-USER wrote:
ellaguru wrote:

Well what can I say bruh, other than when you're right, you're right :mrgreen:

yes you were right
i'm still waiting for the smpltrek (next week)
this LOFI-12 has no resampling+other limitations, but it has the same XFM workflow, wich i know well, s this is tempting, but...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:44 am 

ellaguru wrote:
this LOFI-12 has no resampling+other limitations.

Hopefully that can be added, but assuming everyone on this site has a SP, recording into it and putting the loop back into the lofi shouldn't be an issue. This machine, with any loop sampler should be pretty good.
Even this and the ES-1 would be 100x better than the ES-1 + 555 (another loop sampler).

SP- I think the forum has found your perfect match. But its not an SP. You are a Korg Man now. You don't need these toys (with the exception of a 303 or 404, to quickly gather loops).

The korg forum can be found here.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/index.php

Let me know if you need any help updating your ES1 to ESmkII firmware.

Thanks and we all wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Love,
Saran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:33 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:58 pm 

You have your ES-1. I have an ES-1

Lets do this shit shit. lets make it real! I challenge you to an ES-1 ABBA beat off!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:34 pm 

Crane wrote:
Even this and the ES-1 would be 100x better than the ES-1 + 555 (another loop sampler).

No it wouldn't, they're far too similar which is why I'm going to buy a Lofi-12 to pair with my SP-555 instead.

And you're basing your comment on what these machines are deigned to do rather than what they're actually capable of doing. The SP-555 is indeed a loop sampler, but it is also a full-on chromatic and polyphonic sampler too, meaning that it can also be used as a multi-sampling sound module with built-in SP effects, I mean how cool is that?

So the idea behind pairing the ES-1 to the SP-555 was so that I would also have a proper way to pitch, and would gain the authentic Lo-Fi sampling rate of the ES-1 for whenever I wanted it.

Now of course I'll be pairing the SP-555 with the Lofi-12 instead of the ES-1, but that decision was not as simple and obvious as you seem to think it is, cause like I said, the SP-555 is also a full-on multi-sampling sound module even though it's not advertised as being capable of it or designed to be used that way. Just because the clueless noobs using it on YouTube aren't aware of it doesn't mean it can't do these things, it means they're not showing much ingenuity.

Crane wrote:
SP- I think the forum has found your perfect match. But its not an SP. You are a Korg Man now. You don't need these toys (with the exception of a 303 or 404, to quickly gather loops).

The korg forum can be found here.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/index.php

You been talking with Jaytreaze by any chance?
He's also on a mission to sway me from the forum and it hasn't worked for him either :twisted:

So yeah, SP-USER forever and I know you both love me really anyway :mrgreen:

Crane wrote:

Lets do this shit shit. lets make it real! I challenge you to an ES-1 ABBA beat off!

Sorry mate, but I've officially started on my highly controversial album project and should have the track count and their names finalised any day now. I'm working backwards by setting the track count and finalising their names before even writing the lyrics to which the music will eventually be built around.

By doing it this way, I'm guaranteed to meet the exact track count and presentation format I have in mind. I also strongly believe that by writing the lyrics first, the music built around them will be more homogenous.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm 

Made an important edit to the first part of my post above cause I misread what you said :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:23 am 

Crane wrote:

8)
then i will partecipate with mine too
SPUSER, let's do this ABBA stuff please
dank je (thank you , in dutch; i know, abba aren't dutch, but i'm studying dutch for some reasons:) and, plus abba are near holland:)) )
ps
damn, now that i'm thinking, i never made a single beat with this machine...really time to sell it, after more than 10 years...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:11 am 

ellaguru wrote:
Crane wrote:

8)
then i will partecipate with mine too
SPUSER, let's do this ABBA stuff please
dank je (thank you , in dutch; i know, abba aren't dutch, but i'm studying dutch for some reasons:) and, plus abba are near holland:)) )
ps
damn, now that i'm thinking, i never made a single beat with this machine...really time to sell it, after more than 10 years...

Not selling mine even though at the moment I have no need for it. I have some Industrial Noise style music protects planned that will use strictly only the ES-1 and the RoAT. They're the perfect pair for that kinda stuff, so perfect there's no need to involve any other gear at all and I won't be doing. The ES-1 and RoAT are the perfect Industrial Noise-music making duo. The sounds you can get from the RoAT are dope enough as it is, but when sampled and resampled on the ES-1 it is on another level of filth (helped even more by some of the effects on the ES-1), and by sampling the RoAT into the ES-1, I also get to use the sound of the RoAT in a polyphonic and chromatic way.

The ES-1 is one of those devices I know I would regret selling and would want it back, so there's no point me selling it in the first place. I suppose if anything, the Lofi-12 just might sway me to sell it due to being a purpose designed chromatic and polyphonic sampler, but cannot say for sure until I've actually used one and experimented with it a bit.

Regards learning Dutch, congrat's bruh, but she'll cost you a fortune in clogs!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:18 pm 

So SP-USER, you're a happy owner of an es-1 and a sp-555 is coming to your home soon, too? That's great to read man and i hope you'll be satisfied this time.

Hahaha, i really would like to participate in an abba battle. I could use the w30 and the digitakt, if it should be a non-sp-environment. Let's do the unholy nonsp abba xmas tape! Run of the Hind and Danswift shall participate with their akais!
(And on 1.1.23 we're all bannend here, because the sp-ghosts are upset!)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:08 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Not selling mine even though at the moment I have no need for it. I have some Industrial Noise style music protects planned that will use strictly only the ES-1 and the RoAT. They're the perfect pair for that kinda stuff, so perfect there's no need to involve any other gear at all and I won't be doing. The ES-1 and RoAT are the perfect Industrial Noise-music making duo. The sounds you can get from the RoAT are dope enough as it is, but when sampled and resampled on the ES-1 it is on another level of filth (helped even more by some of the effects on the ES-1), and by sampling the RoAT into the ES-1, I also get to use the sound of the RoAT in a polyphonic and chromatic way.

The ES-1 is one of those devices I know I would regret selling and would want it back, so there's no point me selling it in the first place. I suppose if anything, the Lofi-12 just might sway me to sell it due to being a purpose designed chromatic and polyphonic sampler, but cannot say for sure until I've actually used one and experimented with it a bit.

cool i like Throbbing Gristle but i don't konw i what kind of type of industrial noise are you involved, curious to know

SP-USER wrote:
Regards learning Dutch, congrat's bruh, but she'll cost you a fortune in clogs!

:)
never use one clog in ten years, so i'll selling it with the es1:))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next