It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-User "Gear that is the best" "But then is garbage"
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Good idea.

The only problem is the peeps over at MPC Forums are probably all too busy actually creating music ...

Too busy pressing an excess amount of buttons and jumping in and out of menus more like :mrgreen:

Here, show those poor bastards what a proper, well designed, user-centric music production tool looks like. I've attached images of a rather pretty custom 555 to wet their appetite, because I know how much those MPC users love their custom boxes (me too).

BTW, when I was talking about professional customisation before, this is the sort of 'Craftsman' standard I was talking about, not a bunch of stickers!

Jaytreaze wrote:
i asked what u think of the 2000xl not corporations lol but yh

But I already answered that one before bruh. If I were forced to own an MPC it would be one of the JJOS units, but the chances of me owning any MPC are zero. The old school MPC is basically a 80s/90s style menu-driven box, and the new school MPC is basically a cash register for inMusic.

See images below to get an idea of what a great-sounding, hands-on, seriously fun to use music production tool looks like. The SP-555 is a keeper for life bruh, and that should be obvious to anyone who loves their OG/SX/A (and a fucking relief to anyone who's been subjected to the mess that is the MKII).

Anyway, I don't care what any of you say, I will be keeping it and using it non stop as my main peice of equipment. And man, I think it looks fucking great (especially in that colour) like some retro mad-scientist's laboratory equipment or summat, or perhaps something you'd find as part of the control panel in a nuclear ractor!!!

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 1.jpg
Roland SP-555 Custom 1.jpg [ 352.06 KiB | Viewed 5603 times ]

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 2.jpg
Roland SP-555 Custom 2.jpg [ 251.24 KiB | Viewed 5603 times ]

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 3.jpg
Roland SP-555 Custom 3.jpg [ 190.63 KiB | Viewed 5603 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:06 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
^^^

A.K.A.

I've got some shiny customised gear I have no idea how to use ...

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:52 pm 

Bruh, that's not mine, I wish it was, I think it looks great in that colour!

It would cost a fortune to have a custom done to that standard (around £500 from the looks of it) and the one you see here was done by some Japanese dude who customises various types of music gear (see link).

Custom Gear From Japan:
https://store.ghostinmpc.com/

Not gonna lie, I honestly think the SP-555 is the best looking of the lot :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Bruh, that's not mine.

Not gonna lie, I honestly think the SP-555 is the best looking of the lot :mrgreen:

Yes,its obvious that it isn't yours lol...you wouldn't hold on to one long enough to get a custom paint job done anyway .. :lol:

And it matters fuck all how it looks ,it's what you do with it that counts .

Give me a battle scarred machine over anything like that in fact...and why anyone would even pay to get a custom paint job and shell out more cash for it to be done than the sampler is actually worth is utterly baffling to be perfectly honest.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm 

Don't be silly bruh, return the inMusic Cash Register, and here's a better link with more pics!
https://store.ghostinmpc.com/items/25876434

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:32 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Don't be silly bruh, return the inMusic Cash Register, and here's a better link with more pics!
https://store.ghostinmpc.com/items/25876434

Dude ,you really don't understand do you ?

I'm not remotely interested in the SP-555 and I seriously couldn't give a fuck what colour some ridiculous cunt with too much time on their hands decides to spray paint one either.

And you can try and diss the MPC X as much as you like ...but that sampler blows anything I've ever come across out of the water.

I've also explained to you already ,the MPC-X will eventually pay for itself with the projects it'll be getting used on plus I could afford to purchase it regardless..I didn't have to scrimp and save the money and make any sacrifices,I won't be living off cheap,shitty food and tap water at any time soon.

So you can dance around with a boner and get all foamy around the mouth over your latest infatuation with yet another SP sampler,how wonderful it's gonna be, and how everyone else on here is a clueless beatmaking mong for not owning one ...you know full well you'll immediately start looking for it's limitations and will eventually return it over something it wasn't designed to do in the first place .

Until we actually hear some artistic endeavour from you then nothing you say can ever be taken seriously...I can't respect the opinions of someone who just talks about how good a set up is but produces absolutely nothing of any description to back up their claims and unfortunately you're the flag carrier who's waving and crowing from the top of the dung heap.

Cold facts I'm afraid...that's what it boils down to.
I'd love you to prove me wrong but I highly doubt you ever will.

And when you do aquire this latest gear I want to see pics or it didn't happen.

With the sheer amount of gear you've owned in the time you've been a member of SP Forums I can't recall seeing a single pic you've posted of any of it as far as I can remember.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:08 pm 

Ah yes, Danswift, we've been expecting you.
Please, take a seat and make yourself comfortable before we begin.

Let's talk about denial ...

Attachments:
Psychiatrist Session.jpg
Psychiatrist Session.jpg [ 101.5 KiB | Viewed 5550 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:38 pm 

Nah ..let's finally end this constant bullshit that's been coming out of you pie hole for the last 2 years,let's just talk about the cold hard facts I mentioned earlier instead.

Those cold hard facts that you can't or won't be disproving anytime soon I wouldn't think.

Which is why you have zero credibility or any respect from myself when it comes down to this.

Your schtick has become old and very lame now ..its predictable,it's also lazy and it's gotten tiresome pretty quick ..you need to find a new style because the one you have is completely transparent .

Aren't you bored of being a ghoul yet ?

I don't think that's remotely difficult to understand ,even for someone who's obviously completely delusional like you .

And bravo ..its good to see you've pissed all over yet another thread with your idiotic ramblings on the 555 in the recent 404mk 2 thread that @Gabanoise just started.
..but as always there you are,doing your best to derail the process as usual .

And as I said ... any new gear you aquire..photos or it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:01 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
And man, I think it looks fucking great (especially in that colour) like some retro mad-scientist's laboratory equipment or summat, or perhaps something you'd find as part of the control panel in a nuclear ractor!!!

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 1.jpg

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 2.jpg

Attachment:
Roland SP-555 Custom 3.jpg

Or maybe because it kind of looks like an ES-1 :o

(SP/MPC) - https://soundcloud.com/pazword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:06 pm 

im going to reply in here to save the other post and have some decency for Gabanoise, but its kinda gross derailing a thread and then talking about jizz covered sp555s, if you dont think an essay concluded with people nutting on their machines is not derailment then i dont know what is

anyways, enough of this guy i got energy to save for useful shit lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:53 pm 

Danswift wrote:
And bravo ..its good to see you've pissed all over yet another thread with your idiotic ramblings on the 555 in the recent 404mk 2 thread that @Gabanoise just started.
..but as always there you are,doing your best to derail the process as usual .

And as I said ... any new gear you aquire..photos or it didn't happen.

You're the one who derailed that thread, not me. All you posted was sarcasm, yet despite it being sarcasm, I made use of it and gave an insightful reply, so how the fuck you arrive at the idea that I derailed the thread is completel beyond me bruh!

But sure, your wish is my command, photos will be provided at my pleasure although you're gonna have to wait until the camera I have chosen is back in stock!

pazword wrote:
Or maybe because it kind of looks like an ES-1 :o

Nah, I'm afraid the ES-1 looks nowhere near as good as that, I do like the look of the ES-1 though, it looks better than I thought it would. Plus, I expected it to feel light and hollow but it's actually a surprisingly solid, dense-feeling little slab really!

Not a fan of the knobs though, or the quality of the pots, both of which I might change if I can find a more industrial grade pot that fits the specs.

Jaytreaze wrote:
im going to reply in here to save the other post and have some decency for Gabanoise, but its kinda gross derailing a thread and then talking about jizz covered sp555s, if you dont think an essay concluded with people nutting on their machines is not derailment then i dont know what is

anyways, enough of this guy i got energy to save for useful shit lol

Very noble of you bruh, considering it was Danswift who derailed the thread with sarcasm while the only thing I posted in there was an insightful opinion, and that is exactly what it is regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Like I said, you've been socially damaged (by social media), so as usual I recommend you get yourself checked. It will save you having to go around the forum welcoming everyone back in order to score brownie points like you do every time I have to pull you up about something.

First you welcomed Sweat One back and I thought, yup, there he goes again, right on cue. But what really made me laugh was when you welcomed back IIIII as well, bruh, she's only been gone a few weeks or so, I mean it's not as if either of these members went anywhere, is it?

In short, stop reading my posts with no other intent than to turn them into something they're obviously not. If you stop doing that, we will get on fine because I won't have to pull you up about it and you won't feel the need to score brownie points after making yourself look like a complete and utter tit, and that is something you do every time you do it!

If you don't like me or my posts then just don't read my posts!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:11 pm 

SP-USER wrote

But sure, your wish is my command, photos will be provided at my pleasure although you're gonna have to wait until the camera I have chosen is back in stock!

Lolz .
More excuses...you don't need a fucking camera that you're waiting for to be back in stock..a screenshot taken from your phone is perfectly adequate and you know that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 pm 

@spuser, no, i respect them and the contributions and relevant interactions weve had in the past and they hadn't been in the arena in a minute,

you must be deluded to think the way i interact with other people changes because of you lol

enjoy your day

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Lolz .
More excuses...you don't need a fucking camera that you're waiting for to be back in stock..a screenshot taken from your phone is perfectly adequate and you know that.

Me, shoot with a phone camera?

Hahaha, that WEF-Controlled spy device has had black tape over both lenses since I've had it, and it's bloody well gonna stay that way!

But fear not my distrusting friend, because I checked back on my fave camera store after making that post, and guess what, it was back in stock!!!

So that's my pocketable indie-shooting camera sorted at long last as well :D

Jaytreaze wrote:
no, i respect them and the contributions and relevant interactions weve had in the past and they hadn't been in the arena in a minute,

Bruh, the bloody Google bot on here disappears for longer than that, you're funny though :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:08 am 

First off. I am going through a hard week, so I want to say thank you for this entertainment.

SP- Not sure why you are so hostile, I just assumed you returned shit over ebay, I didn't realize the your rein of screwing over sellers crossed other platforms, so I apologize for that. My returns were for shitty work done on the internal boards of units, not because 20 year old units had a scratch.

It sounds like you already got the ES-1? Genuinely asking, why didn't you buy the ESX? Again, I love the ES-1, but the ESX fulfills a butch of shit that you keep saying should be included, and all it is, is an ES-1 on Crack. An ESX with a 404 would do er'thing.

The pots on the es1 are the same as the pots in the sp202 and the pitch works the same as well. You can make them more steady by adding more of those nylon washers that are found under a few of the pots to the others.

I am going to wrap up your other remarks in your dedicated thread (here)

I actually agreed with you in the thread about external sampling and your response was "You're certainly on a roll lately spouting a lot of bullshit yourself though". I said I wasn't going to read the b/s above! But Agreed with you. You are going to be in a pleasant surprise when you try external sampling while playing back a loop on the SP-555 after how much shit you've spewed.

Interested in this comment "SP-USER said their MPC is shit (only the Modern 'inMusic' ones mind you, not the JJOS stuff)."
You returned the MPC one cause you had to sign up for updates. Why didn't you just use it as of the last update? Yet you said not the JJOS stuff. You have never used the JJOS stuff? So if your odd beef is with 'inMusic' what stops you from buying a proper old mpc? A MPC500 + SP404 is better than what you have. Or a simple Yamaha QY100 + SP is better.

I think you need to return this shit and get the KORG ESX and SP-404.

Also, when I said "I bet you have a tasty pussy" that had nothing to do with your picture. That was an insult because you act like a little b****, not the way you gush over IIIII picture who is a man as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next