It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Post subject: Re: SP-User "Gear that is the best" "But then is garbage"
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:58 pm 

TGN wrote:
So SP-USER, you're a happy owner of an es-1 and a sp-555 is coming to your home soon, too? That's great to read man and i hope you'll be satisfied this time.

Well I'm loving the ES-1 but can't even comment on the SP-555 cause I'm still waiting for the bloody thing to arrive! I'm buying a Lofi-12 as well, and even an XFM to use as a synth along wth the RoAT. I already have the Roland A-49 so once I get that other stuff I'll be sorted (finally).

The only other piece of gear I want is the Teenage Engineering PO-35 Speak, but they're currently out of stock everywhere unless I'm prepared to pay an inflated price for one, and I'm not gonna do that. I'll just have to wait for new stock to arrive.

TGN wrote:
Hahaha, i really would like to participate in an abba battle. I could use the w30 and the digitakt, if it should be a non-sp-environment. Let's do the unholy nonsp abba xmas tape! Run of the Hind and Danswift shall participate with their akais!
(And on 1.1.23 we're all bannend here, because the sp-ghosts are upset!)

That would be awesome dude, I really want you to do that and to be fair that's at least four of you now that have hinted you want to do such a thing.

Do you want me to start an ABBA flip thread? I actually have a very specific list of four ABBA tracks that I would like to see the homies here tackle, so if you wanted I could list them and ask the participants to choose any of the four tracks to flip!

That way, not only is there variety in what people produce, but also variety in which track they chose. I will say this though, I would much rather hear an ABBA remix than an ABBA flip, sort of like what Zindan did with that Japanese track. I'm not sure if that was technically called a remix, but you know what I mean, basically a modified version of an ABBA track done on your SP, or if you want, on any hardware you like if you want it as an open battle.

People keep mentioning this ABBA thing but it never happens, so like I said, let me know in this thread and as long as at least two of you agree to it, I will start the thread. One of the tracks I have in mind is one that hardly ever gets any attention but is absolutely killer, and to be quite honest I think most people would have serious fun remixing it and making it their own cause it's a very odd but clever mash-up of various musical styles!

ellaguru wrote:
cool i like Throbbing Gristle but i don't konw i what kind of type of industrial noise are you involved, curious to know

Not entirely sure myself yet, but I at least intend to aim for a melodic but industrial feel, sort of like an industrial soundscape built over a melodic backbone or vice versa.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 am 

if you know anything about TE good luck waiting for them to run back in stock. They base their business on limited release and let it circulate wherever whatever after

personally not a fan of TE as of now

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:58 pm 

Finally we agree on summat, I can't stand Teenage Engineering :lol:

The PO-35 Speak is a genuinely cool voice synth though, and well worth the true asking price. Compare it for example to the gimmicky pre-set garbage Arturia are putting out on the Freak stuff, and there is no comparison.

Imagine how cool that is, proper sample-to-voice-synthesis, and after being sampled into your gear, filtered, had effects put on it and the pitch fucked around with, it's going to be pretty damn surreal. It's ideal for me cause it can be used to make very creepy sounding voices, and I want to be able to incorporate speech into my albums here and there and I'm not sure my own voice would fit the vibe. So for me it's a very attractive device because it baically parrots exactly what you say to it, but in synthesis form!

Check-out this review, I think it's a very cool device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mCxAdaeDqo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:10 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Now then Danswift, me 'ol verbal battle-axe, how's the "inMusic" cash register doing these days?
You getting de-activations for no fault of your own yet?

Give it time bruh, give it time ... :mrgreen:

I'd say it's going pretty bad for inMusic Cash Register owners right now.

Looks like you were right again and was in fact looking-out for Danswift, not mocking him:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/petition ... ins/191839