It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Box ....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:01 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Ellaguru, yes I know, and I just explained what I meant so please read that reply carefully!

Man sorry but
No:)
You talked about rings on saturns and i don t know what else in therms of sounds compariron
;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:08 pm 

Danswift wrote:
That you'll own for around 3 weeks max before it all gets returned ...

Nope, there's no chance whatsoever of me returning either the SP-404SX or the ES-1. The only decision that might change is regards the MiniFeak, cause now that I'm back to having a pitch transposable sampler in my setup and have decided to go with second-hand gear, that really opens up my options somewhat, in fact I almost cancelled my order for the MiniFreak this morning due to that.

But anyway, stop being a dick bruh. I guess at this point your mind is in some crazy sort of overdrive, but I was not trying to trash your purchase and you're a complete idiot if you honestly believe that. I am the last person on earth who would do that.

Like I said, I'm genuinely pleased you finally got your hands on one, but at the same time I'm not going to pretend I'm a fan of those things when I absolutely am not, I bloody hate the things in general, I'm not talking specifically about the 'X'.

That 'X' is a super-powerful beast for sure, and for those it serves it is going to be a dream come true and I am honestly very happy for you. But it's just not the sort of beast I am personally after and in fact I've had to change my own ways drastically. I'm having to settle for second-hand in order to get the sort of gear I want, and all because they simply do not design the sort of gear I like any more.

ellaguru wrote:
Man sorry but
No:)
You talked about rings on saturns and i don t know what else in therms of sounds compariron
;)

No need to be sorry, and I stand by what I said, that the SP-404A had an audible wow factor that the MPC ONE didn't, and that the ES-1 has the best designed sampling groovebox interface out there. I also stand by my statement that together they make the perfect combo, because the SX provides Vinyl Sim to the ES-1, and the ES-1 provides proper pitching, panning and authentic Lo-Fi vibe to the SX.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:25 pm 

But in therms of sounds comparison mpc stands up those two samplers, no contest
It's a fact, as i told you before
If you're talking about workflow or interface and such, than that it's up to people, i second that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:36 pm 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one cause I know for a fact that the 'ONE' I had did not sound as good as the 'A' I had, and the 'A' is actually an 'SX' so I'm pretty sure that the SX will sound exactly the same as the 'A' and that's a good thing IMHO.

I'm not expecting the ES-1 to have the fidelity of an MPC and I wouldn't want it to anyway because it's a Lo-Fi device. I've never owned an ES-1 but I suspect that it will sound quite weak in comparison to the SX. I'm guessing the effects are pretty weak too due to the samplig rate and bit depth, but again, that is all part of the charm, cause it means things like reverb are going to have that old-school ring to them like you'd hear in those old Sci-Fi movies and stuff like that.

Just as with all Lo-Fi sampling gear, getting something nice out of it will be down to getting as hot a signal as possible when you sample in to it, that's where gear like the ES-1 will shine, but it will likely sound quite flat and weak unless you do that.

Either way, don't worry bruh, I used to develop my own hardware before my life was turned upside down, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get out of these devices.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:07 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Either way, don't worry bruh, I used to develop my own hardware before my life was turned upside down, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get out of these devices.

So you use to build instruments?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:38 am 

Sort of :lol:

BTW, I think I see another reason the ES-1 wasn't as popular as it should have been. There's no EQ and I reckon that would have effected uptake big-time, especially for EDM and Hip-Hop artists. Would be no good as your only device due to that, put it that way.

No biggie though, I'll just use the SX for EQ duties. Of course Danswift has EQ galore on his 'X' but I don't want to be seen to be giving credit to the MPC in any shape or form, so just pretend you never saw that!!!

:twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:02 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Sort of :lol:

:shock:
ot
we have to discuss about it..

SP-USER wrote:
BTW, I think I see another reason the ES-1 wasn't as popular as it should have been. There's no EQ and I reckon that would have effected uptake big-time, especially for EDM and Hip-Hop artists.

yes, you have to workaround with isolator or filter for that but naturally this is not pure eq...
i think another reason why es1 and someway esx aren't so popular in hiphop community is for the TR mode (no lin drum way, in short) and they're more popular on tech/house community, as i said before

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:22 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
:shock:
ot
we have to discuss about it..

Sorry bruh, not talking about that stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:51 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Switch an 'A' on and you'll see 'SX' on the screen cause that's what it really is, so my OCD made me go for a proper 'SX' this time.

I just bought/received my A so that way it would last a little longer since they were manufactured more recently. I totally would've did the SX if I knew this ahead of time...

I'm just gonna slap a black SX skin on it and call it a day :oops:

(SP/MPC) - https://soundcloud.com/pazword

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 pm 

Doesn't make any difference bruh, and anyway, the 'A' looks kinda cool all in black with black printed pads! I would have been just as happy to buy another 'A' to be honest.

Believe it or not though, after all that talk I won't be going for an SX after all. I was reminded yesterday that there's no way to hear the input while resampling on the SX. I won't go into here again cause I already just mentioned it in Asha's thread, but I'll go for another SP-404MKII although I'm waiting to see what updates they make to it before I do.

The MKII is quite a mess at the moment, but at least it's a mess they can fix with an update so I'm really hoping they'll put it right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:03 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Doesn't make any difference bruh, and anyway, the 'A' looks kinda cool all in black with black printed pads! I would have been just as happy to buy another 'A' to be honest.

Believe it or not though, after all that talk I won't be going for an SX after all. I was reminded yesterday that there's no way to hear the input while resampling on the SX. I won't go into here again cause I already just mentioned it in Asha's thread, but I'll go for another SP-404MKII although I'm waiting to see what updates they make to it before I do.

The MKII is quite a mess at the moment, but at least it's a mess they can fix with an update so I'm really hoping they'll put it right.

Pretty sure when I hit resample and play what I’m playing I can hear what’s going on w my sx lol, or do u mean the ext. source

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:44 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
SP-USER wrote:

Believe it or not though, after all that talk I won't be going for an SX after all.

It's pretty easy to believe ...hardly a surprise or headline news is it ?

After you claimed that the SX has better sound quality than the MPC-X I just copped -and all the other shit talk you come up with about what set up you're going to be getting of course,but now you suddenly don't want one anymore .

And that Korg ES -1 is a bag of junk btw ..I tried one of those things years ago when they were first released and thought it was absolute garbage lol.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:40 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
Pretty sure when I hit resample and play what I’m playing I can hear what’s going on w my sx lol, or do u mean the ext. source

Yes, I'm referring the External Source input so I could use it as a multi-track recorder as well.

Danswift wrote:
It's pretty easy to believe ...hardly a surprise or headline news is it ?

Ok, I admit you got me on that one bruh :lol:

Danswift wrote:
After you claimed that the SX has better sound quality than the MPC-X I just copped -and all the other shit talk you come up with about what set up you're going to be getting of course,but now you suddenly don't want one anymore .

It's not that I don't want an SX, I do, it's just that it would not work for me due to the input thing! I never said the 'SX' has better sound quality than the MPC X, either. I've never owned an MPC X so I could not comment on that!

Danswift wrote:
And that Korg ES -1 is a bag of junk btw ..I tried one of those things years ago when they were first released and thought it was absolute garbage lol.

Bruh, you're just trying to get revenge for what I said about your new cash register :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:38 am 

SP-LUser

This is a thread about Dan's purchase of a MPC-X. Yet you derailed it with shit about buying toys, no, no longer, buying toys. Buying more crap, no, no longer buying more crap.

Derailed.

Start your own thread.

This could of been cool for Dan to post his thoughts on the MPC-X as opposed to comparing to toys like the sp404 and es-1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:48 pm 

Crane wrote:
SP-LUser

This is a thread about Dan's purchase of a MPC-X. Yet you derailed it with shit about buying toys, no, no longer, buying toys. Buying more crap, no, no longer buying more crap.

Derailed.

Start your own thread.

This could of been cool for Dan to post his thoughts on the MPC-X as opposed to comparing to toys like the sp404 and es-1.

It still can be a cool thread for Danswift and I hope it is, and it would help big-time if you got your facts right before posting. I was specifically ASKED for my opinion on the MPC ONE, an opinion that I initially held-off talking about, and the reason I held off taking about it is precisely BECAUSE I didn't want it to look as if I was pissing on his new gear!!!

Go and attack someone where the attack is actually warranted, bruh :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next