It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ZOOM R8 - Mini Multitracker/Sampler
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:14 pm 
Awesome Member

sup plexx?

for this situation you could set an A-B loop (that type you know from hifi-cd players)... place the A some bars before the chorus and the B some bars after that... now... scratch that shit and if it's cool keep it if not just undo that stuff... A-B is no perfect loop though...
u can use a footswitch to start and stop the playing/recording, which also will be sent to midi out on the interface side...
you also can set mark/cue points all over the track...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:20 pm 

@wax
What makes this not a very beat making oriented machine? Is it the functions (or lack of functions) or is it the workflow? Maybe you could try to make beat on it and show us the results and post your experience using the r8 :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:49 pm 

Hi Wax! Everythings cool here - including the weather. Well it's not that cold yet but I feel the summer is over! Too bad couldn't afford a Berlin trip this year!

Thanks for the info on the recorder - do you use it on tablism stuff too? I think that undo stuff is not for me anyway, if you have to stop after every mistake to undo it. I just like to scratch 4 - 8 bars for 15 minutes straight without stopping and then finally get it right and only keep the last take.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:30 pm 

guys, a little OT, have you checked the R24?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 pm 

a recent discovery from the zoom board -

There is a dedicated metronome function track that sends its signal to Headphones out

- but you can assign one of your current loaded tracks (mono/or stereo) to that metronome track and send it out via phone out to an fx unit for real time glitching (kaoss pad whatever) then *back* into the inputs to record on another track....

http://www.myspace.com/tha1punchd

=

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm 
Awesome Member

aahh... :idea:
nice one, thanx for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 am 

This is definitely my next purchase, when I had the money the first time during Christmas, I spent it on an electric guitar but now its officially gonna have a home in my home real soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 pm 

Yo, sorry for reviving this but I have few question:

Is it usable in a live setting? I have a 404sx I would use with it too, but I wanna know if it's fairly quick to switch from a projet to another in this?

Can I run the inputs all the time? Can I plug my 404sx into this and have this has my main out in a live setting? Like a EXT in.

Thanks homies

BANDCAMP OF DOOM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm 

Yeah, very possible. I was at a rave ages ago when this one Russian trance artist brought along her Roland digital multi-track, and all she had to do was hit play, and perform on top of her tracks. Bounce back and forth with the sp404, or do what you like with the effects, yadda yadda. Just make sure you're not boring to watch, and all you do is hit the play button, but let the R8 do it all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 am 

Ahaha don't worry dude, i live play all my patterns and one hit sometime I just don't have enough place on 1 bank or it gets a bit complicated!

thanks for the tips

BANDCAMP OF DOOM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:41 am 

I think it will do what you want - it has a Playlist function - you can queue up projects and jump from one to next - using accessory footswitch too - but there's no midi out - the timing between the R8 and yr SP will be entirely you.

check the manual at zoom.

I think the Playlist function was devised originally for singer/guitarist types to provide backing for cafe sets. I am going to be using it to provide backing for Monotribes (syncing that to the R8 via the headphone out trick) - send the MonoT in through the R8 Inputs and out through the R8 Master.

but it's not a looper - it doesnt do that even though it says you can set loop points...

http://www.myspace.com/tha1punchd

=

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:13 am 

[quote="a.D."]yea,i mean i'm not the most knowledgable person it the world when it comes to equipment-but i really never have seen something like this before-But 30 seconds per pad,8 pads,8 voices-that's a whole lot of time really..a dope way to do things would be to do all your drums on it,then lay down your chops on a few tracks from your sp,mp,st or whatever else..& your beat is instantly tracked out...wonder if it has varriable sample rates-if it has a simmilar setting to the the st's "standard" that would be crazy-that's about the closest you can get to the sp-1200 hardware wise.

exactly what I was thinking. Thats what I love about the sp12/1200. Let alone the way it makes ur samples sound.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:29 pm 

Any beats recorded onto the Zoom R8 that anyone wants to post and to what extent did they use the Zoom R8's features? :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:49 pm 

how do you track out with this thing without midi? i'm looking for a hardware multitracker for the zero latency but i'd like to get my tracks onto a computer at the end of the day.
I think yoi do this via usb...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 am 

overdub; it only has two inputs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next