It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 pm 

ClymaX wrote:
If i ever get my dirty hands on the SP-12 i won't hesitate to buy it!! :D

I had one back in the days. Trust me, 1 second of sampling isn't really what you wanna' call 'great'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:02 am 

Well if you buy the memory upgrade from emu then you have a a full 7 secs :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:58 am 

I'm finally getting studio monitors :P This is huge for me, as I've been struggling with hi-fi speakers forever...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:28 am 

pt3r wrote:

Pretty sure it's only 5 seconds. some say its like 4.7 seconds, who knows. J Daniels might though, since he owned one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:20 am 

whoever it was that was wondering about mixers...

I just ordered a behringer xenyx 1622FX so i'll let ya all know how good/crap it is in a few days :) didn't really want one this big (was more into the 1204) but needed at least 3 stereo channels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm 

soopa wrote:
pt3r wrote:

Pretty sure it's only 5 seconds. some say its like 4.7 seconds, who knows. J Daniels might though, since he owned one

yeh its 5 seconds. I miss that thing though... i love how it "legitamized" every sound put in it. It really is impossible to reproduce on any other unit. Also the sequencer was pure class. real simple and just bounced very naturally..even with quantize...

but, 5 seconds in this day and age is abit too limiting. plus it was start to show some really wierd artifacts and i didnt want to keep worrying about it after spending so much money on it. If ever have disposable cash, ill jump on an sp-1200 no matter what the cost is....

anyways, back on topic. My next purchase is either a frostwave sonic alienator pedal to fill the void of the sp-12 or a cheap sp-303 to go alongside my 404 for live performances...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:26 pm 

J.Daniels wrote:
soopa wrote:
pt3r wrote:

yeh its 5 seconds. I miss that thing though... i love how it "legitamized" every sound put in it. It really is impossible to reproduce on any other unit. Also the sequencer was pure class. real simple and just bounced very naturally..even with quantize...

but, 5 seconds in this day and age is abit too limiting. plus it was start to show some really wierd artifacts and i didnt want to keep worrying about it after spending so much money on it. If ever have disposable cash, ill jump on an sp-1200 no matter what the cost is....

anyways, back on topic. My next purchase is either a frostwave sonic alienator pedal to fill the void of the sp-12 or a cheap sp-303 to go alongside my 404 for live performances...

good luck finding one of those! i see 404s go a lot less than 303s on ebay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:31 pm 

Saw a Zoom ST-225 pretty cheap. Once I get the ASR-x Pro sold off I'll probably grab it. Need to get a hold of the Director S sequencer package for my Roland S-550 or sell it off too. Gotta get some kind of hardware synth a TX81Z maybe, they go pretty cheap.

On the Akai S20: I had on for a while it was fun but the sequencer sucked so bad it may as well have not even been there. The MIDI spec on it is pretty nice too. Add an MPD16 and an Alesis MMT8 sequencer and you got a poor man's MPC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:49 pm 

soopa wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:
soopa wrote:
pt3r wrote:

good luck finding one of those! i see 404s go a lot less than 303s on ebay

Over here in australia i see 303's on ebay all the time for $200 and 404's for 350-400. I dont know why anyone would sell a 404 less than a 303...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:13 am 

Thant's because the Madlib hype doesn't hit so hard down under. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:00 am 
303 Award Winner '09

It shouldn't hit so hard here either, madlib uses an mpc 4000, sp-1200, sp-303, and a roland vs-1680. Some of his best music was made on the sp-1200 but those things cost your first born, so not many people rock 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:45 pm 

I've decided to end my creative void by selling the masses of gear I have at the moment and simplifying.. I think its just confusing matters too much, having various bits and pieces hooekd up together, multiple options at any point in time, etc etc.. I dont need it basically its just slowing me down in a big tangle of cables!

I've sold it all except the sp-404, a cheap analogue mixer (xenyx 1622) and an axiom 25 controller.

With all that money I've got from selling other gear I've decided upon buying just one piece of equipment to supplement the sp-404...
an elektron monomachine.

After I get the monomachine, I won't allow myself to buy anymore music gear unless it is an analogue filter or a frostwave sonic alienator.

The end.

If I can't make music with that gear, I cant make music fullstop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:01 pm 

woah man, you stole my dream combo! monomachine and 404! although I could never justify paying so much for a monomachine right now...

Its funny though, ive been testing out various units and setups this year, and the peices that i came out using are the ones i was using in the beginning, which were the 404 and the moog. Im selling all the other software i tested except reason which is pretty incredible, but otherwise nothing really compares to those units.....

Im still gonna cop a cheap 303 if i come across one, but im done with spending money on gear for now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 am 

well. .. I skimped out on the monomachine.. decided it was too expensive for what i needed - and i dont really need 6 mono parts or a single polyphonic part, I need somewhere like 2 or 3 monos and 1 or 2 poly, but you cant seem to do that with the monomachine - its either all or one

so for monophonic duties I just bought a DSI desktop evolver ..cant wait for the crazy little midget synth to arrive! :twisted: should look great in blue next to the 404!

also considering the possibility of gettin an MPC500 to sequence with, but there are an aweful lotta bugs reported on mpc-forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:22 am 

yeah, the monmachine is more a luxury item. maybe when ive got real cash to throw around....

on the topic of the monomachine, its worth mentioning that one of the creators passed in an accident on the 19th... pretty sad stuff...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next