It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:31 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:20 pm 

you made a good decision tho selling that technics cd turntable. those things are wack!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:08 pm 

SP-1200 :)

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:05 am 

Quote:
you made a good decision tho selling that technics cd turntable. those things are wack!!

I've played on both Tech and pioneer but the thing I liked about the technics was it had more functions ie loop/chop, sample buttons, the ability to play off of SD cards. Plus the pitch is REDICULOUS.
It didnt throw right in like a record, though. Other than the response not being zactly like a turntable, I cant understand why people dont like them. Did I just happen to get a working one? I do think the pioneers are far superior but Im getting off subject :lol:

Quote:
SP-1200

Gotta agree with Frantic on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 pm 

Hello friends :)

At the question MV or MC first..id say that if the moneyquestion is eleminated..id go for the MV because it has it all a good mixer, HD recording, Sampler and lot of other features i one big box..where one can just setup it with a VGA monitor and go.

If i woulden´t own any other equipment at all i would go for the MC-808 cos it has "bread and butter" sounds allready in it and comes loaded and ready for many generes of music....it is not easy to say wich to choose..but id would go for the MV...and infact i am rite now choosin between am MPC-5000 or a MV-8800 and as it seem rite now ive leaning thowards the MV.. as the sound is special in the Roland products. i already own a SP-555 and SP-606 and i began the SP series on a SP-505.

My firts Rolandsampler was a Roland S-220 Rack in 1994..and my ever first sampler was a cheesy Casio SK-100 in 1987... :)

Yours
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:58 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Quote:
and infact i am rite now choosin between am MPC-5000 or a MV-8800 and as it seem rite now ive leaning thowards the MV.. as the sound is special in the Roland products.

I definitely would advise you to go with the MV, I've got the MV-8800 now and I'm loving it so bad, that I often fall asleep on it man! Pads are sooo damn comfy! :)

I've dropped the idea of also buying the MC-808 though, as I don't have that kind of money at the moment.

I've looked into the MPC5000 myself before buying the MV and did not like it (better).

I've played around with it for about 2 hours and it's cool, you can do neat stuff on it. 'It works'. But it's sort of outmatched by the MV in most areas.

Sure.. the MPC5K has a better synth, but if you want a good one, you'd be better off to just buy and use a separate and real synth anyways. Having said that though, the MV-8800 synth works great for me. Even synth solos and so on. In case I need more of a real synth, I'll use a MicroKorg. Cheap but worth much much more than they go for, for real!

The HD recording on the MPC5K is better as it's 'true HD recording', but it's not going to be anything you'll really miss out on, as the MV can bounce audio to tracks. The MV uses it's RAM to save song stuff, but with 512MB RAM maxed out, there won't really be a lot of cases where you'll run into problems at all.

The sound on the MV definitely rocks, but it rocks even more when you dive into mixing your tracks the right way. There's a whole lot of options there. I also have to say that I found the 24bit sound on the MPC5K way too clean sounding, not really that punchy and crunchy as the good old MPCs either. I guess the 'mpc3500' error in the manual sort of explains this as the MPC5K is based on the MPC2500, not the MPC4000.

Anyways, there's so many features and options on the MV that you won't really need more sampler-wise, except maybe more soundpatches, a huge collection of vinyl to sample from and some live instruments.

(The sounds that come stock with the MV-8800 are great, but I never use them 'clean'... layering them like crazy instead. :) )

Anyways, I definitely advise you to try both machines out if possible. I think you're going to like the work-flow of the MV a lot more though as you're used to the SP-606 as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:44 pm 

Thankz PHeMoX :)

Is always good too hear others opinions and experiences, and as u say the MV is for sure the rite choice i think... :) I often work live with things...and i am maybe a paradox as a do real jazzmusic often play lines strait into my SP-555, and as i master the trumpet, keys i vill play it live and hold it simple...,then i use the samplers eg: the SP-555 or SP-606 it depends of what i am working on as the both samplers has their specialites... to add beats and atmos...voila´ ,it is a nice way to work on. Good luck with your music.

Yours
Cnl TAF

"Please Roland give us a proper sampler again,...and don´t make it complex, A SP-606 with say 24 or 32 voices 8 indu outs that´s enough....it would be great"...;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:27 am 

I don't own either, but I will put my 2 cents in just with experiences from the company/ other users.

I have owned both Akai products and Roland products. My first MPC1000 was awesome, but this is when Akai was, well, Akai. Now Numark has bought them out and the quality of their products are not great. I have another MPC (why I sold the first one is beyond me, but then again I don't know if I would have got an sp if I still had it),and it isn't that great. You pay loads of money for the machine, just to have to spend more to get the best use out of it. Then the quality of the machine itself is whack, hence you have to update the pads and some other knobs and stuff. Also, Updates for your machine are hardly ever put out, so you are stuck with bugs until some Japanese Guy (who is very good BTW) who used to work for Akai puts out the updates himself. And you still have to pay. But the worst thing about Nu....I mean Akai, is the customer service. Some people that call get decent reps, but most get the reps that don't like to stay on the phone. A few times when I called, The person on the other end would try and finish my question for me, come up with an answer, and then say "Thank you for calling Akai, Bye", and hang up. WTF kind of service is that!!!

Another thing to notice are the forums, the mpc-forums weren't that bad, but the Roland fam sticks with you the whole way through.

My opinion isn't based on the machine itself, but the group behind it (The company and the people who use 'em). I would say Roland all the way.

Music is Love

Beanz

and if you saw the paint on my face and the brain cells is like palendrome. hard to say

www.myspace.com/djbeanfunk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:30 am 

yes, roland mv-8000/8800 are great machines!!!
i use my mv-8000 a lot.

8)

http://www.reverbnation.com/vivipedraglio
http://www.soundcloud.com/vivipedraglio