It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:17 am

Post subject: my mbox
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:14 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

ok... i've been posting this question at various places around the internet and reading everything i can and i'm still stuck. my digi mbox 1 decided to stop working on me... when i plug the usb in it lights up, and when i go into one of my sessions (protools le 7) i can see my levels on the tracks during playback, and my I/O settings are fine... but no sound! it can't be the cables because i still get nothing when i listen with head phones.

when i have all applications closed, and get into itunes, the digi logo appears (as it always does) and the seconds tick away as if it's playing. still, no sound. this sucks, i'm right inthe middle of trying to tracka song. i've been using the mbox for a few years now and have never had any problems till now.

when i hit the control panel and go to the sound icon, and select my input/output sources, it must recognize the interface because it appears in the list of choices, next to 'built-in speakers'. but when i highlight 'digidesign hw mbox' as my choice, it says 'the selected device has no input control'... i'm stuck. has anyone evr had this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 pm 

I have an mbox 2, and this happened to me a couple of times, but not to the extent of yours. All I had to do was restart Pro Tools. Did you try calling Digidesign. I would recommend doing that, but before doing that, I would save all your sessions and then reinstalling the software, which will reinstall all drivers of the mbox. Try that. Let me know how that works.

and if you saw the paint on my face and the brain cells is like palendrome. hard to say

www.myspace.com/djbeanfunk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

well, today it's working fine. that was weird. but thanks man, i'll try that if it happens again.