It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm

Post subject: Recording and Track Bouncing
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:31 pm 

Hey SP-808erz,

i've got 2 questions regarding volume and recording to the 4 tracks:

Obviously the fader of a track do not affect the volume (gain) of incoming audio i want to record on that track. It controls the volume of the track, meaning the volume of everything that was recorded on this track previously. This seems clear.
But...
Say i have a bass on track A, volume fader set to -6 db and a melody on track B, volume fader set to -3 db.
Now i want to bounce track A and B to track C how can i do this while keeping the exact volume relation?
In other words: While bouncing 2 tracks together, are their individual volume settings considered by the sp-808? So Track C (Fader is on 0dB) contains bass with -6dB and melody with -3 dB?
Or does it just merge the raw audio data pre fader? Maybe the Roland VS-Users got some knowledge here, too.

2. With the pad fader i can control the volume of all my pads. When recording audio from the sample pads into the tracks, can i use this fader for setting up the volume a specific sample is recorded? Or do i have to set up the individual volume in the sample settings? And works this differently when i use the step recording mode for pads?

Post subject: Re: Recording and Track Bouncing
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:37 pm 

Sorry I can't remember the name of the setting or where it's found, but if I recall there was some sort of Pre/Post toggle setting for the faders and it sounds as if you might have it set to the wrong setting.

Can't remember the exact names they used for the menus but it's probably in either the 'Mixer Settings' menu or the 'Global Settings' menu.