It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Post subject: djfx on sp-808
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:56 pm 

Hi I'm new to all sp devices but I'm planning to pick one up. I found an sp-808 for 75 euros which I guess is a good deal but I wonder if the sp-808 has an effect similar to the djfx looper effect. I ask this because the djfx sound is one of the main reasons I started looking into the sp machines. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: djfx on sp-808
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm 

Short answer is No.

It has a bunch of other delay effects, and because they can be set to tempo youcan do cool things with them, but nothing like djfx looper on the 808.

At $75 I'd stil buy it if it was in good (not too used) condition. It has loads of other effects, far more than other SP's and you can do stuff with sample trimming and tempo-mapping that no other SP can do. If you have a chance to check it out before you buy, check that that ctl knob response on the led screen is smooth (the knobs jump around or are unresonsive when they get old; probably fixable but not probably worth the effort) and if the zip drive is extra, extra slow or makes any clicking sounds, forget it.

DJFX = waay overrated imo, but good to have! Get a 404 or 555!

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5