It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

Post subject: drive too fk'n busy???
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 am 

as jay would say, "what the fuuuuuck"...

This sucks. I installed a 250mb drive and I'm really digging into the multitrack recorder section, which I guess is a bad idea, because when trying to bounce tracks I just keep getting Drive Too Busy errors. Guess the main workaround is getting another SP-808 to bounce to from the first one. :evil:

www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

www.myspace.com/thecityslick

BUMP THAT RAW SHIT!!

Post subject: Re: drive too fk'n busy???
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:50 am 

Bounce to a second machine would be easiest.

One in-box solution I've heard about is slowing the vari-pitch to slowest possible before bouncing to a new track. The slower speed supposedly gives the sp more time to get around the disc, potentially avoiding drive-too-busy errors.

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:06 am 

l i f wrote:
Bounce to a second machine would be easiest.

One in-box solution I've heard about is slowing the vari-pitch to slowest possible before bouncing to a new track. The slower speed supposedly gives the sp more time to get around the disc, potentially avoiding drive-too-busy errors.

Yeah, that's fine for short stuff I guess, but when I have 3 tracks used in the multitrack that are each 3 minutes long, no way am I going to bounce that at 25%. Audio tracks mind you. Well, "pad performances" of 3 really long "samples", which are just long takes of me playing outboard instruments.

I managed to solve it by bouncing 2 of the tracks to track D, then bouncing C+D to B. Wondering if in the future it would use less internal memory to record those long instrument sessions directly to audio instead of pad samples...

BUMP THAT RAW SHIT!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 pm 

So would you guys say this is more of a "bad drive" issue? Maybe the 250mb drive I bought is a crappy one, or the disc itself I'm using (both were brand new, but maybe a different brand or something would work better?) I'm trying to figure it out, because my beats aren't that complex. All I am doing is using the multitrack section to basically trigger long one-shots (2+ minutes long, but still one long sample.) So eventually I have 3 of them going while trying to record the 4th track, traditional 4-track style, and it freezes up with the Drive Too Busy nonsense. I thought that was only supposed to happen on very complex beats, i.e. when you are trying to sequence a lot of one-shot drums, etc..? Which led me to think I should try a different drive possibly. Any ideas?

BUMP THAT RAW SHIT!!