It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 am

Post subject: Recording Patterns
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:55 pm 

First off, I just got my sp, so i am still learning, bare with me.

Heres what im trying to do

Record a pattern that will be the intro to the beat im making...
The intro consists of a drum loop, which is in bank b, and then the samples i'd be playing which are in bank c.

My problem however, is once i hit record, i can't really get to bank b quick enough to start the drum loop and get to bank c and start playing...is there any way around this, like maybe increasing the countdown? sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing, hopefully someone knows what i mean

p.s - is it maybe possible to record the drum loop and the samples into two seperate patterns, then overlap those patterns?

Post subject: Re: Recording Patterns
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 am 

welcome to the boards homie,

you can definitely lay your drums first then your chops afterwards on a second take or vice versa.

you can also say have 2 patterns one that just has the drums and the other with both drums and samples.

im not sure how many chops of the samples you have, but you can also try have your drums on the bank d.

the 303 is a tricky machine, sometimes you have to put it in a headlock before it opens up to you. but thats how they like to play.

good luck and happy beat making

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 am 

that shit will repeat for days in recording mode, you can let it cycle through a hundred times before you even record one pad, let it loop through once (or a few times if you need it) lay down the drums, then add the chops, if your quantizing you can change the value while recording by just pressing the quantize button and changing the value, then if you need to delete a pad that you recorded at the wrong time, hit delete, then hold down the pad of the sample you want to delete from the pattern when it comes around, then you can rerecord it again and hopefully place it in the right spot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 am 

thanks guys, i got it now =D i didnt really register the fact that when the record time ends it goes back to the start, i can just keep adding to patterns like that.