It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 pm

Post subject: deleting speed issue: INTERNAL slower than CARD?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:29 pm 

hello,

first of all shout outs to this forum, i just got my 303 two days ago and the posts here have helped me a lot! respect!

anyways.... i know that the 303 isn't the fastest processing machine in the world, but i was quite surprised that when i recorded a sample (even a quite long one) on the CARD memory, it deleted it in a few seconds (about 2), but if i record the same thing on the internal it takes quite a bit longer to delete (at least 6-7 seconds)

is that normal?

otherwise i gotta say, it's a dope little machine. i've been working with logic for 8 years now but i'm really surprised how easy it is to work on it.

thanks.

EDIT: i just initialized the internal memory, but this didn't seem to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:51 pm 

Yeah, the internal processing is way slower than the card's. I don't really get it, either. After a while with the 303, you stop asking why it does the things it does; rather, you come to accept the quirks and kind of laugh at them. I always got a drink or something to smoke close by when I'm on the 303 to occupy the slow processing time. Then my processing time becomes slower. Ya'll 404 heads are way sobererer than us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 pm 

thanks for the info, that's what i thought aswell... yeah, you're right about the little "breaks", i guess i've just gotta slow down my pulse while working with the 303... it's quirky but real dope.