It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 am

Post subject: what the phuck!?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm 

Ok I cant get my 303 to pitch shift correctly as others cant (previous posts) BUT I go on youtube and there is a cat named nicktha1da on there doing demos.He samples this asian record and I swear he pushes pitch ONLY and slows it down!? it aint all choppy like time stretch it just slows down like it should.What the fuck? ive tried this a bunch and shit aint working like that! If someone has the time to watch it or has seen it, can you tell me what the hell hes doing right im doing wrong? WHY!!! its the first video to come up in youtube when you search sp-303 thanx, sorry for the same question over again but this shit drivin me bananas. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:36 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I can understand your trouble, but exactly how much does he slow it down?

There's only so far you can go without making it go all 'choppy'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 pm 

he slows it down quite a bit, you should check it out, I was thinking mabey the cleaner a sample is ( like from cd instead of record therefore eliminating the scratchy pops and clicks) the time stretch works smoother cuz there is less sounds to place within the bpm fro the 303 to process? you know JUST the sample no backround noise. mabey im trippin. Ill figure it out hopefully.thanx.

one more thing, when you turn the bpm knob (only) when editing a sample,should that effect it in any way as far as tempo? like, you press the time/bpm button and turn ctrl 2 knob only what should happen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 am 

i'm pretty certain he did alot of that beat 'outside the box' then sampled bits in again for the video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 am 

why not sign up on youtube and ask him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:41 am 

I think your right drewzle I watched again and he samples from the record on pad # 6 then says hes going to slow it down by using pitch wich he does but when the slowed down sample is playing he pressing pad # 7..... motherfucker! I thought there was hope. thanx guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 am 

just use the pitch on your record player...dope thing about the 303 and 404 is you can play your drums and still use the "external in" to hear the record playing the sample...way better than time stretching/pitching after the fact...plus you'll come up with some shit you never would before.

FO' SHO'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:41 am 

Deta!l, Yeah man i figured that would work but im rockin an old ass turn table without pitch control but ill scoop one soon.I totally agree with coming up with shit you wouldnt do or hear otherwise though,fuckin love that shit when it happens! start the sample/loop at some random point and DAMN!! thanx for the help. Hey, where did you get that one sm to xd adapter from you were selling with your 303?