It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Post subject: Can any 303 owners do a quick "ls -ltra" on their SM Cards?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:25 am 

Hi everyone,

I have had a broken SP-303 kicking around for almost two years and I'm trying to give fixing it one last shot before I send it to Hell. I see several people on here having similar issues.

As far as I can tell, my SP-303 doesn't have a functioning OS (shows ERR on boot) so I'm trying to update via both MIDI and the Smart Media card.

MIDI: Using Roland UpdSMF, the first transfer _00001.mid transfers, then display shows 567 for ten seconds, and then flashes ERR 12.

Smart Media: I erased the card via my Mac and then copied the sp303.prg to it. At one point the SP-303 showed I believe "VER CRD 1.02" and then the REC button lit up. On pressing the REC button, nothing happened. I tried re-formatting the card on my Mac but I think that messed things up further - The SP-303 on load now shows "VER CRD" (indicating no firmware installed, and no firmware detected on the card).

Could anyone upload a .zip of a freshly formatted card, or at least a screenshot of what's on it, including hidden files? And are others' cards MS-DOS FAT12? If anyone is out there, thank you!

Post subject: Re: Can any 303 owners do a quick "ls -ltra" on their SM Car
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm 

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/46bfce ... 407/0c18ca

Here is some backup of my card, some files included, just some experimenting, but that's all I have here at work...

I don't know how the card is formated (MS-DOS FAT12?) I never tried to format it on a PC, I'm always formating on SP303.