It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm

Post subject: Do you work out?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:15 pm 

Any workout buffs in here - What's your regimen? I'm trying to tone up some some.. lol trying to get that just-got-out-of-jail-after-5yrs-of-pullsup-a-day build (s/o to Prodigy) ..I bike, I eat pretty healty, just need to get the bod right.. what some excersies/advice for outside of the gym?

Get it right, get it right, get it tight, Get it right, get it right, get it tight,Get it right, get it right, get it tight, Get it right, get it right, get it tight,Get it right, get it right, get it tight, Get it right, get it right, get it tig......

Post subject: Re: Do you work out?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:43 pm 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

Lately been doing pushups, incline pushups (put feet on top of bed then do pushups), a bunch of variations of situps, biceps curls (got one 20 lb weight), and a this shoulder exercise with two 8 lb weights where u kinda flap ur arms and it killls. I try to do a couple of sets of each one all in one night till i basically collapse... prolly do it about 4 times a week... seems to be working i guess. But I really gotta start running to get the abs and definition to show

Oh and a couple of sets of roland sp'ing for the fingers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am 

yeah i feel u.. trying to start small with stuff i can do around the house b4 i go spend money on a gym membership..bout to hit ths run in a sec. i hate working out, maybe cause i feel like im not doing thngs right? idk...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 am 

Yeah, I noticed he was looking extra husky in those Crooks and Castles pics. It's funny to me that he looks better coming out of jail then he did going in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 am 

i run :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:11 am 

IIIII wrote:

+1 right now. picked up sports again recently, after I realized I am growing a belly.
I quit sports completely after I broke my hand in lacrosse practice last summer. If you can do a teamsport in a local club, it really helps you out to get motivated. Or look for a running body.

If you want to get all lean btw, you can lift all you want, but in the end you want to get rid of excess fat. you do this by burning more energy than taking in -> running, swimming, any kind of cardio is good for that. stay off carbs, lots of fiber and protein instead.

not that I would do that shit, I just run, haha. just had burgers, beers and panna cotta tonight... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 am 

Exercise is just a little % of what you need to do to stay in shape, the key it's combine a good workout, eat right and sleep a lot!...

If you can't pay a gym subscription and you need some advice about how to do your workouts search "scooby workouts" on youtube, dude is really cool, he explains really well and he is funny as hell!...

I'm a enemy of working out but I do 5 times a week :-/ anyways... I'm also enemy of gym subscriptions so I build my own gym in my garage, I spend a couple hundreds buying shit from garage sales and stuff and its been 3 years since I started my routines...

About food you need to take 2gr of protein per every 1gr of carbs that you eat, good protein sources meat, chicken breast, fish, egg whites, skim milk, cheese, fat free yogurt, etc... if you are eating 200gr of chicken breast then you are eating like 40gr of protein, google protein calculators you are going to find some handy information about portions and which foods are good in protein, if you want to go hardcore google animal, those guys are extreme and their workouts can kill you but you are going to be BIG, just make sure you know what are you eating and SLEEP A LOT!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 am 

MechaLove wrote:
Yeah, I noticed he was looking extra husky in those Crooks and Castles pics. It's funny to me that he looks better coming out of jail then he did going in.

Yeah, I'm telling you..P hit the bench hard while locked up..Nothing else to do I guess..

Prodigy B4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:01 am 

IIIII wrote:

lol trying to get to that point

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:03 am 

blue_lu wrote:
IIIII wrote:

+1 right now. picked up sports again recently, after I realized I am growing a belly.
I quit sports completely after I broke my hand in lacrosse practice last summer. If you can do a teamsport in a local club, it really helps you out to get motivated. Or look for a running body.

If you want to get all lean btw, you can lift all you want, but in the end you want to get rid of excess fat. you do this by burning more energy than taking in -> running, swimming, any kind of cardio is good for that. stay off carbs, lots of fiber and protein instead.

not that I would do that shit, I just run, haha. just had burgers, beers and panna cotta tonight... :lol:

Thats a good idea...i had briefly looked on craigslist for intramural/team sports..im going to look more into this tho..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:14 am 

locotesmjr wrote:
Exercise is just a little % of what you need to do to stay in shape, the key it's combine a good workout, eat right and sleep a lot!...

If you can't pay a gym subscription and you need some advice about how to do your workouts search "scooby workouts" on youtube, dude is really cool, he explains really well and he is funny as hell!...

I'm a enemy of working out but I do 5 times a week :-/ anyways... I'm also enemy of gym subscriptions so I build my own gym in my garage, I spend a couple hundreds buying shit from garage sales and stuff and its been 3 years since I started my routines...

About food you need to take 2gr of protein per every 1gr of carbs that you eat, good protein sources meat, chicken breast, fish, egg whites, skim milk, cheese, fat free yogurt, etc... if you are eating 200gr of chicken breast then you are eating like 40gr of protein, google protein calculators you are going to find some handy information about portions and which foods are good in protein, if you want to go hardcore google animal, those guys are extreme and their workouts can kill you but you are going to be BIG, just make sure you know what are you eating and SLEEP A LOT!

I eventually want to get a gym membership..just waiting off on it for a little while, in the past i wasn't disciplined with it and it wound up being just a waste of $$$..lean is what i'm after so im guessing a low carb diet, and high cardio..

besides pushups, running and situps, what do you guys do around the house to stay cut and fit?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 am 

Get rid of your car! I did that 7 yrs ago and haven't thought about getting another. I bike about 10-15 miles a day for work (in rainy ass Oregon). I do regular work at my farm/house gettin dirty and all that. Then when I'm feeling motivated I bust out resistance bands, do squats, sit-ups and all that easy stuff. I eat what I want and haven't gained or lost weight in 10yrs. I drink lots of beers and eat lots of cheese burgers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:29 am 

formal wrote:
Get rid of your car! I did that 7 yrs ago and haven't thought about getting another. I bike about 10-15 miles a day for work (in rainy ass Oregon). I do regular work at my farm/house gettin dirty and all that. Then when I'm feeling motivated I bust out resistance bands, do squats, sit-ups and all that easy stuff. I eat what I want and haven't gained or lost weight in 10yrs. I drink lots of beers and eat lots of cheese burgers.

thats whats up man..i have no car either (dallas tx), and I do bike... im trying to get like u!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:42 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

I bulked up this winter for the first time in my life and im 28 , just cant get around to working out tho to turn into muscle, and my knee recovering from a hard core smash on the sidewalk so its hard to do push ups , i worked at a potato factory throwing 100 pound bags of potatos all day so people misjudge me as being weak beakause im scrawney but little do they know i am a black belt karate master. i made sand bags for a couple years my arms got pretty strong, a cop tryed to hand cuff me when i was drunk and couldnt even step

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am 

If you want that Riker's Island physique, then you gotta do 500 push ups, 500 sit ups and 500 pull ups a day, everyday and cut out liquor and junk foods. Plus an hour of shadowboxing everyday.

I work out but only to keep the lungs in shape and better bloodflow. I do push ups and pull ups one day and the next day I do weights but when I do weights I work out the entire body. Some dudes like to workout arms one day then shoulders the next etc. but I like to keep myself agile rather than look big. Cardio work outs is where its at and your body will develope cuts and tones.

I got kind of a Bruce Lee body, I might look skinny but as soon I train and warm up, I transform into the hulk.