It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: are there any 202 users still left out there!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm 

Got three of them. 2 for usage and one for parts. Drums and basslines sound alive in the 202!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:22 am 

Just got one!

I love it. I never knew I needed it until I had it. I don't have a card unfortunately but the way it is fitting into my workflow, I don't need one right now. I would love to have one, but it's not priority.

I have a question for anyone that knows. Is there any noticeable difference in the sound quality between the 202 and 303? If not then I think I must buy a 303 also. Having both of those would replace my MPC in the live setup.

Great to find a forum for this little guy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:33 am 

finnegan wrote:
Just got one!

I love it. I never knew I needed it until I had it. I don't have a card unfortunately but the way it is fitting into my workflow, I don't need one right now. I would love to have one, but it's not priority.

I have a question for anyone that knows. Is there any noticeable difference in the sound quality between the 202 and 303? If not then I think I must buy a 303 also. Having both of those would replace my MPC in the live setup.

Great to find a forum for this little guy!

i had an sp202 and still have the sp303.
the 202 seems a little more "fat"' in sound than the 303, but they're both warm machines. i think the 303 works at 18 bit however (not bad at all!)...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:51 pm 

That's what I was wondering. So it looks like the best setup for me would be a 303 and 202. I make beats on my MPC but am tired of lugging it around and don't have an awesome case for it, so the SP's will work wonderfully.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:10 pm 

Finn, I know what you mean!! I have an ASR-10 but since the middle of the summer I've been cooking up tunes in the SP-202, 303, and MS-1. A lot of it had to do with an interstate move, apartment space, and just not wanting to take a chance with a big, pricey piece of gear in a new environment. As of today, I have enough room for all my portable samplers to be situated comfortably. Plus, I'm a fiend for the 22.05 khz 16 bit sound that I get from the three machines.

The 202 was the first sampler I purchased in '98 and I'm still rocking it today. I'm actually mastering/mixing and putting the finishing touches on an 8 track EP of instrumentals I produced with the SP-202 as my sole workstation. It was/is a pretty tedious process considering the machine's limitations but it also triggered a significant amount of nostalgia. It's 2010 and last Saturday night I was up til about 3 AM trying to make sure the loop I had just sampled was in the same bpm region as my chopped up drum break!! Just like the old days!!

My go-to settings are undoubtedly the Standard setting, Lo-Fi 1, and the incredible Lo-End Filter!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 am 

My studio is coming together. Just gotta cop that 303. Oh and an MS-1, totally forgot about those guys! Just a 202 or 303 w/o the bells and whistles right?

My 1st piece of real gear was my MPC2000XL in '99 and I do love it. The SP's though...wow just plug and play, if I had only known...I would have at least 2 of each I have seen so many in pawnshops... So nice and easy. Totally having loads of fun throwing loops from the MPC into the lofi 1 and 2.

I also have a Yamaha VSS-30 I found at a yard sale for 10$(!!!) I run it through the SP a lot. I'm still just playing around, haven't dug too deep yet. Unfortunately my Zip on the MPC is going down fast and I am saving for a CF reader to put into it. I won't use it or the disks anymore until I have one, already lost at least 1/2 gig of beats, don't wanna lose more.

But once I get the MPC back up it'll be really time to mess around and get weird. In the meantime I'm building a little breakout box for the 202 so I don't have to switch ins/outs so much and futz w/ adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 pm 

finnegan wrote:
My studio is coming together. Just gotta cop that 303. Oh and an MS-1, totally forgot about those guys! Just a 202 or 303 w/o the bells and whistles right?

cool!
for the ms-1 there is a thread on this forum but boombap28 (RP) got one of this machine if i'm not wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm 

Whadddup everybody. I'm new to the forums here, and have been making beats for about a year.
I'm currently in the process of moving away from the computer based production (I used to use FL Studio with a Korg Nanopad controller).
I just got an SP-202 a couple weekends ago and have loved it so far. It's my first sampler. I'm hoping to get a record player and a 4 or 8 track cassette recorder soon. I hope to get an MPC2000 in the future, but for now I'll have to challenge myself with the sp202.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:51 pm 

This is an old threat I see, but just copped me a 202 last month and been using it ever since. Absolutely love it.

MicroKorg XL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:53 pm 

I'll pick up mine tomorrow! Liked the 303 so much, that I wanted to expand on a short notice hehe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 pm 

I'm picking my 202 up today as well! Never had an sp but I heard this is a good place to start off. Any tips on smart media cards? All of the 5v 2-4mb's seem pretty expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:30 pm 

Grant wrote:
I'm picking my 202 up today as well! Never had an sp but I heard this is a good place to start off. Any tips on smart media cards? All of the 5v 2-4mb's seem pretty expensive.

http://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22436
:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:04 am 

Grant wrote:

I guess your best chance is to buy a 202 including the card. I was lucky with mine.

MicroKorg XL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:36 pm 

Got it with card, only no adapter. Should I get the original Boss or just a cheap universal one?

Is now working on batteries.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:41 pm 

RayFrancis wrote:
Got it with card, only no adapter. Should I get the original Boss or just a cheap universal one?

Is now working on batteries.

Got no experience with that. But if you could find an original Boss, i'd go with that.

MicroKorg XL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next