It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:23 am 

Same here. There are a number of sites that can host files for free, but they only hold your stuff there temporarily. That's typically for about a month unless people keep on clicking the download link.

Here's a few:
SaveFile: http://www.savefile.com/
RapidShare: http://www.rapidshare.de/
MegaUpload.com: http://www.megaupload.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:35 am 

Dr. Tad Winslow wrote:
There is no sequencer in it, so no, not really. However, I'm slowly working on a beat that is using nothing but the 202. What I've been doing is, getting some loops that sound good, then recording variations of them with different drums played live into a Tascam 4 track tape machine, then re-sampling that back into the 202 as a loop with drums on it, then doing different variations of that, and then just hitting a pad with that loop on it, and letting it play out for the 4 bars, then hitting the next pad. This results in a pretty grimy sound, as I'm going 202 to 4 track tape back to 202 and then sometimes repeat, but it's mad fun. Makes no absolutly no sense from a workflow standpoint when I have an MPC sitting right next to it, but I'm having fun with it. haha.

Look forward to hearin that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:21 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

When I 1st started makin beats I had the yamaha djx keyboard a digital 4 track and my roommate had a sp-202 that I would use all the time!Imma try to look in the archives and post some of those beats up!The 202 is a great machine!Funny how I went from the 202 to reason to mpc1000 and back home to the sp-404 or sp-series!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

realizing this is a super-old post that's comin back from the dead, but i have to get in on it.
have a 202 that i borrowed from a friend. it was my gateway drug to the 404 i use now.
when i was using the 202, strictly, made a little beat, output to the pc. tried workin it on the pc w/ some bass/guitar, etc. not feelin it.
later tried outputting the beat from the pc to the 404, workin it over, again, not feeling it.
THEN tried outputting the beat from the 202 straight to the 404 (ie: no pc middleman) and voila! that's the right sound, the right frequency blend, the right everything to work over with the more robust 404.
i donno how to explain it, other than maybe the bitrate, compression, etc., had an impact.
all that to say that i can't use the 202 for what i want to do (too limited) but it DOES have a place in my set up and certainly a place in my heart.
plus, you know, orange and black? fuckin rad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:25 pm 

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I own a sp-202 to. I bought it last month for 50Euro and it was in excellent shape. It didn't came with a smartmedia card. :(
But after searching I've found a 4MB/5V smartmedia card for 25Euro's! :D

I'll be using the SP-202 with my Redsound SoundBite sampler. I'm a dj so now I can prepare samples and load them in the SP-202. When I'm dj'ing I can play (multiple) samples with or without effects and resample them in the Soundbite. It's maybe a difficult process but I like the flow. Preparing samples at home and rework them while DJ'ing.

(The soundbite has a volatile memory)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:43 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

You should get yourself an SP-555, would be great for what you want plus more! 8)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 pm 

PHeMoX wrote:
You should get yourself an SP-555, would be great for what you want plus more! 8)

I know but an SP-555 here costs about 450Euro's. Maybe one day I'll buy an SP-555... :)

The "normal" price for an SP-202 here in Belgium is 100Euro's and 4MB/5V cards are about 75Euro, so I'm glad I've found this "cheap" solution. And it does the job. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:06 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Damn, thats way too expensive for both those machines. I remember when I went to europe my carry on bag was filled with skateboard decks that I sold over there for a profit of like $20 U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 pm 

love the 202. i run it into my 303 for its gritty lofi cameo's.

Post subject: Re: are there any 202 users still left out there!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm 

I just bought two of em and they ARE nice!

definition of being limited though, but I will do some stuff with them for sure.

low pass filter is DOPE.

If it only had vinyl sim effect...
hehe, if only Roland blablabla...

wonder if you guys still use it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:06 am 

^ haha seriously the low pass filter on the 202 sounds dope
SPanish Tine's

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm 

hey Hoon, only the first track on space was made with 202 :)
this little nasty loop with some girl giggling once/2bars :)
thanks for good words though!

you make some use of 202 too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:57 pm 

no doubt man i like that 202 beat too
yeah i've used it with the 404 which i got recently. i'm feeling how the 202 sounds and the 404 i'm experimenting with now

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm 

Wut up, guys? As a user of 2 MS-1s, an SP-202, SP-303, and the old DR-202, it seems fit I should create an account. Glad there is a place for SP users to share their knowledge and the fruits of their labor.

My first set-up consisted of a borrowed 8-track tape recorder and OG Yamaha DJX keyboard, and my SP-202. I copped the 202 in '98 and quickly started looping up bits and pieces of my vinyl collection. I only recently got it back after I had dropped it off at a repair tech to get the headphone jack fixed. It's good to have it back. I bought it for $150 with the maxed out 4mb 5 volt memory card and I'm surprised such a bare bones unit is worth today what I paid for it in '98.

Beatjitzu's 202 excursions led me to lust for it and make it priority number one to get it back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:03 pm 

boombapp28 wrote:
Wut up, guys? As a user of 2 MS-1s, an SP-202, SP-303, and the old DR-202, it seems fit I should create an account. Glad there is a place for SP users to share their knowledge and the fruits of their labor.

My first set-up consisted of a borrowed 8-track tape recorder and OG Yamaha DJX keyboard, and my SP-202. I copped the 202 in '98 and quickly started looping up bits and pieces of my vinyl collection. I only recently got it back after I had dropped it off at a repair tech to get the headphone jack fixed. It's good to have it back. I bought it for $150 with the maxed out 4mb 5 volt memory card and I'm surprised such a bare bones unit is worth today what I paid for it in '98.

Beatjitzu's 202 excursions led me to lust for it and make it priority number one to get it back.

RP? is that you?
if it is peace and welcome man!!
anyway, wellcome!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next