It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:45 am

Post subject: SP-505 preset files
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:45 pm 

Can someone please send me a copy of saved SP-505 preset files. My SP won't get past "UPDATE PRESET FILES" on startup. I've read in the manual that preset files can be saved to a card & if they can be saved maybe they can be loaded from a card too. If anyone out there can assist I would appreciate it. Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:40 pm 

I sold my 505 so I cant help you... sorry :(

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject: I sold my 505
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:58 am 

That's O.K. Thanx for replying. I'll just have to keep trying.

Post subject: Re: I sold my 505
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:30 pm 

EsPee505 wrote:
That's O.K. Thanx for replying. I'll just have to keep trying.

When I wanted the 404 presets, I called roland and they sent them to me via e-mail. Took a few days though.

Post subject: When I wanted the 404 presets, I called roland
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:41 pm 

Yeah, well I called 4 times they told me they don't have such files & they don't know what i'm talking about & that I should send it in for service @ $70 + $25 diagnostic charge + whatever the parts might cost. I just thought I'd see if I could get a copy of the preset files from another 505 owner & try that first. I heard it worked for someone with a similar problem to mine.

Post subject: Roland Support
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 pm 

This is how they responded to my email request. Keep in mind when I called they said they had no such files either.

"Support Request #1246107-20-2007 08:27:45 AM
Current Status:Answered

Product: SP-505

Subject: SP-505:found the solution. Can you please email me these files.

Question: This is the same problem I'm having. "The upgrading procedure (through MIDI) did not only erase all user data (as mentioned in the README file), but all presets as well. Since the SP-505 will not load without its presets, it was useless right away. I spent the next week trying to get it to work again, which led to quite an extensive e-mail correspondence with Roland support in Belgium. Finally they sent me a set of preset files that I had to put on a SmartMedia card."

Response: This request was closed by Porduct Support because it was already answered by another email request or phone call, or it was determined to be an erroneous request.

& their answer was to send it in for repair or they can't help me. All I need are those files. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:11 pm 

that sucks. Roland is usually really good with customer support.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:28 pm 

:) :D guess what!? I called roland again after getting Frantics response that roland usually is good about support and after a lengthy discussion to one of the techs about how they can't give out certain files to end users & they have to protect themselves against people who might want to hack their software & end users usually can't fix their own equipment they should leave it to professionals, I finally got what I needed from them. Turns out it was all a misunderstanding. The guy I talked to before (same guy I got the files from finally) that said "I should send in the SP for repair" thought the malfunction was a bit more serious than I was letting on & that I might have wanted the software or files to flash the ROM or that I wanted the actual SP OS. I kept calling them PRESET FILES (wich they are) but THEY call them " ORIGINAL BANK SOUNDS" ( who knew?). Anyway after we got that all cleared up he e-mailed a copy of the files & guess what? The SP is up & runnong once more. Cudos to the guy for his patience I could tell he was getting to his limit though. He kept saying it was AGAINST THE LAW for them to give me the files. Well it's been a fun adventure but now I'm off to make some tracks. This time I will make a backup copy of the files just in case :wink:.
peace & out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

does this dude got the againt the law files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:18 am 

Man that was a ways back. I don't know which files exactly he thought I was talking about that were illegal or what they consist of but after I got the "preset sound bank" files I just forgot about what the other files could be. Never looked back after that . I'm now just trying to make some new music with this sampler & find it a great piece of gear to have & use. Guess there's a difference between preset files & preset sound banks. The latter they don't mind e-mailing to you. The other they'll call po po.

& to richiedinero what's up with the 505 compilation. How's that been comin'?

Post subject: Re: SP-505 preset files
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:17 am 

yo fam ill pay you to send me the filesp lease man my 505 has same problem as yu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:44 am 

roland's always been airtight about preventing reverse engineering.

with a few tweaks, any of the SP's would be out of this world monster machines

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 pm 

I have a 505. Still need them files?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:43 pm 

yesss pleasse!!!!!! cant belive i cant use this thing again man its crazy wont get passed that please update preset shit =/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:43 pm 

you there bro?