It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

Post subject: Custom Synths / Equipment
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:51 pm 

.. i remember a thread a while back about a Raspberry Pi deum sequencer that a guy on here was building ..

Looked pretty neat .. but if i remember collectly the project had teething problems plus time was a stumbling block.

---

I'm considerring starting with pre made - build your own gadgets and maybe going the circuit bending route as a start .

Does anybody any tips .. resources or experience ..

.. and examples of your own custom bits of gear?

Post subject: Re: Custom Synths / Equipment
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:15 pm 

I'm gonna make 1 of these ..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.synthtopia.com/content/2007/07/28/timbaland-miko/amp/
.. syke!

it would be interesting to make a custom looper such as E Harmonix 45000 connect with PO33 .. octaver pedal n other stuff . As through puts . Sure there's MPC's - SPs . But i always feel a desire for features that are rarely executed in a specific fashion . With that said .. the OP1 is the most complete piece of kit i have come across to achieve what i like ( peep my album The Warm Up 2 ;-) .. imagine if it had pads and softer keys . I hope Teenage Engineering follow up with a newer model in the future

My idea is to keep components .. but build into custom shell.

Way over my head .. but very do-able . Need basic circuitry and rewiring knowledge to start with

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm 

I remember the homie Inflict3 created a MIDI controller. Looked like a Street Fighter joystick. Had 16 arcade buttons for pads. 16 assignable knobs too and a joystick. He had plans of sticking an SSD drive in there to make it portable. That was years ago.

The Raspberry community has really grown and so many resources, even I'm tempted to build my own beat box. You'll find lots of info at Reddit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:27 pm 

Biggup Green,

I'll have a search for Raspberry community

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 pm 

I bought the Groovesizer TB2 to put together it's an easy build and based on the Arduino Due board. Can be used as a synth or drum machine dependent on firmware.
Everything worked great for sound but I could not get visuals on the screen after getting pissed and a little ruffly desoldering the screen to try another one. I reread the directions which said the clone arduino boards need to be reset prior to using. Opps.
I need to order some header pins from ebay and give it another go. But it is a cheap and easy build for a cool little unit. I was going to try the Shruthi Synth which is super cheap just to by the boards.
https://modularaddict.com/mutable-shruthi

Groovesizer TB2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9mzL6aF-kU

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 33.36 KiB | Viewed 4687 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:18 am 

An Axoloti Core can go pretty far. It's basically a single-board computer type thing with built-in MIDI, stereo In/Out on 1/4" (6.3mm) jacks, USB Host, 3.5mm headphone jack. You program it via a visual patcher kinda like Max or Pure Data. I was making a VA drum machine with one a while back, using a Quneo as the controller. It was pretty fun to do. Some people have cloned/ported Mutable's code to them even, iirc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:59 am 

It would be interesting to make a custom looper.
lenny face