It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Second Annual Mixtape Marathon & Half Marathon!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:46 pm 

Outside drums?
Say I have 15 beats, made on my SP. Is it okay to "join them together" in Audacity (in my case)?
I have a bunch of record I have not even listened to... :shock:
As I do I might as well sample here and there :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 pm 

Definitely OK to use Audacity to assemble your tracks. The challenge is open to any and all production methods. Only requirement is that you dig some source material (around $15 worth of media), and make fresh music from said material.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:14 pm 

ghost bazz wrote:
Excellent! I’m gonna supplement my selection w a quick trip to Value Village at lunch... or I’ll b stuck using this Genesis tape, and a couple bummer movie picks. Will post my spoils this evening! ...
Attachment:
42185F53-B72B-403F-9E84-35A798E0849A.jpeg

haha i have that streisand album. if i remember, there's a dope flip in there for sure

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Last edited by zindan on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm 

SLVG wrote:
Here's my 15 bucks worth.
EDIT:Big dumb picture

fuck bruh, THAT streisand album is from one of the hottest fucking flips my brother nagato has ever busted
we actually made the track together like 4 years ago [actually he made it and i arranged and produced it lol]
called it [REDACTED]

-edit-
sorry i don't wanna fuck up your flip if you hear ours first lmao
if anyone wants to hear it pm me or sumtin :lol: :lol:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 am 

attempting the ultra! Does that include playing instruments into the SP or is ultra SP and material purchased only?
Edit; think im gonna go without anything as Ive got a fair bit of material from the dig! Will post a pic later.

Also would like to make it as a video, using a dvd I purchased for the occassion! does anyone have any tips for editing, i'll be using imovie, unless theres a better free one for mac!
One thing I was curious about is how do people go about adding audio from the video over the beat? Do you just sample it then sync up the video later or put the track over the video and leave the vid audio on occassionally?
Thanks

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:07 am 

asha c wrote:
attempting the ultra! Does that include playing instruments into the SP or is ultra SP and material purchased only?
Edit; think im gonna go without anything as Ive got a fair bit of material from the dig! Will post a pic later.

Also would like to make it as a video, using a dvd I purchased for the occassion! does anyone have any tips for editing, i'll be using imovie, unless theres a better free one for mac!
One thing I was curious about is how do people go about adding audio from the video over the beat? Do you just sample it then sync up the video later or put the track over the video and leave the vid audio on occassionally?
Thanks

in my opinion, after using several video editing programs on mac and windows, iMovie is the greatest video editing software of all time when it comes to balance between: easy intuitive interface/powerful editing capability

to answer your question, i'd suggest watching a quick tutorial for iMovie. i probably don't actually know the current update's interface, as it's been years since i've had a proper functioning mac computer.

although, it's extremely simple to use your video's audio along with your added audio clips at their own intervals. all you need to do is split your video into clips where you want the different audio to play. SO, if i wanted my beat to be over my entire video, except one clip in the middle, i would split it like so:

________________-----------------________________
clip_____________clip------------clip_____________

^video sound muted^videosoundON^video sound muted
^added audio ON....^addedaudioOFF^added audio ON

iMovie really is the greatest video editing software of all time. I use Adobe After Effects, but before i do my complex editing shit in there, i do my simple bare bones editing in a simple program first. i used to have the luxury of iMovie and it was sooooooo nice sooooo powerful and sooooooooo smooth i used to have LOADS OF FUN just editing shit in iMovie!!! a generally tedious task. now that i have to use this bullshit program on my windows laptop, it is definitely the presumptive tedious task.

IIIII wrote:

Last edited by zindan on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 am 

i want to compete in the ultra marathon
hopefully i'll be able to
so when does this marathon start? i think i'm lost, guys.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:29 am 

@zendan
I'd like to hear that flip, maybe send a link and I'll listen after we wrap things up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:58 am 

Made my basic selection last night, these are all ~ 0.60$ a piece, so I might just throw in couple of more and go for the full length marathon.
But, downside is that some of these records really sound like absolute shit.. Guess that's why the entire lot of 50 vinyl was around 30$ :mrgreen: most of them are worn out and the sound degradation on some is ridiculous.. gonna be a true Lo Fi project here!
I'm going for all SP and no outside samples / drums / instruments, though I might add a bit of scratching on pt01, dunno, gonna start chopping today and see where it leads me.

Good luck fam, can't wait to hear what y'all cooking up

Peace

Attachments:
PSX_20190818_104818.jpg
PSX_20190818_104818.jpg [ 445.46 KiB | Viewed 7777 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:28 pm 

asha c wrote:

Thanks
Yo! I think the terms of the Ultra are most inline with being "ultra" if it stays within the limits of using your source material... no outside instrumentation.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:54 am 

zendan wrote:
asha c wrote:

although, it's extremely simple to use your video's audio along with your added audio clips at their own intervals. all you need to do is split your video into clips where you want the different audio to play. SO, if i wanted my beat to be over my entire video, except one clip in the middle, i would split it like so:

________________-----------------________________
clip_____________clip------------clip_____________

^video sound muted^videosoundON^video sound muted
^added audio ON....^addedaudioOFF^added audio ON

Thanks man, yeah I had actually used it in the past but it had been so long I'd totally forgotten how to use it!! youre right though, very tedious!!!!

Need about 3 minutes to reach the 20 min mark but I think I've drained all i can from the first 2 hauls, which is still only about £7, may have to go grab a couple more things to use if thats cool to use 3 digging sessions worth? suppose its still under $15 which is the task!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 am 

Yo guys
I saw this other thread earlier where it was just about 5$.
So i am living in a car right now an don't have any opportunity to sample from other sources than my mobile phone. So i modified the rules.

I sample with my tascam from the car radio worth 5€ of diesel. And not using pop radio but just traditional songs. Besides i sampled some drums by punching the wheel or an empty water kanister. Lately i also sampled from an app called Bassline where i created some stuff. But everything is modified and rooted in the sp404sx. I am at 25 minutes now and it's a hell of fun. The working title is radio greece.

Gonna submit first week of September.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:08 pm 

Total cost has been £8.25
Lp's all from the £1 sale at my local record shop, alice in wonderland Dvd 25p and the old grey whistle test dvd £1 which I havnt sampled yet! Im still about 30 seconds short!!!!

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 66.64 KiB | Viewed 7717 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 pm 

Picking up my stash this week. 8)

Is there a deadline yet?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 pm 

Flying Thunder wrote:
Picking up my stash this week. 8)

Is there a deadline yet?

Dope! Glad to hear it man... No deadline yet.

Asha c... you're blazing the rest of us man! Good motivation for me to get on it!

SOUNDCLOUD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next