It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Post subject: Re: What happened to DonGoldman????
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:57 pm 

sleepynumb wrote:
Seems like a lot of old heads will come back. You're probably right about it not reaching the height of that era, but I don't think it's all doom and dread. Just cycles in and out as peeps try to survive and grow. The Anime beats/ lofi exploitation sucks, but still a lot of good shit being released from SP related ish that isn't watered down. Even with the growing price of Sps, It always super easy to get back on the wagon. Saw that CULP and DP were making stuff again just recently hopefully there will be a new wave to ride in. We just need to keep
positive and this forum flourishing and the rest will work it self out.

Also Don Goldman is dope. Would love you hear the second tape. Still listen to the first one quite ab it

Thanks for the shout out!!

Got a few things in the works!!! :)!!!!! had a hiatus, got bummed on music. Culp never left. Still some awesome shit out there!!! Zato, Antoje, Dr00p, LBJ IS STILL KILLIN IT lots of cool shit.

The "Lo-fi" or whatever the fuck it is def isnt what all us sp forum cats ever expected. Its not really "lo-fi" but whatever.

I miss Don! Used to talk all the time! Especially hockey, big Sharks fan he is, probably just watching games eating hot dogs!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:45 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

dp wrote:
sleepynumb wrote:
Seems like a lot of old heads will come back. You're probably right about it not reaching the height of that era, but I don't think it's all doom and dread. Just cycles in and out as peeps try to survive and grow. The Anime beats/ lofi exploitation sucks, but still a lot of good shit being released from SP related ish that isn't watered down. Even with the growing price of Sps, It always super easy to get back on the wagon. Saw that CULP and DP were making stuff again just recently hopefully there will be a new wave to ride in. We just need to keep

Also Don Goldman is dope. Would love you hear the second tape. Still listen to the first one quite ab it

Got a few things in the works!!! :)!!!!! had a hiatus, got bummed on music. Culp never left. Still some awesome shit out there!!! Zato, Antoje, Dr00p, LBJ IS STILL KILLIN IT lots of cool shit.

The "Lo-fi" or whatever the fuck it is def isnt what all us sp forum cats ever expected. Its not really "lo-fi" but whatever.

I miss Don! Used to talk all the time! Especially hockey, big Sharks fan he is, probably just watching games eating hot dogs!!

Peace Brother thanks for the shout out!Like you said thou this whole 'LO-FI" is def not what the originators of the 404 styles intended,plus most of it sounds too clean for my ears, where's the tape hiss?!?! lmao!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:01 am 

LORD BEATJITZU 404 wrote:
dp wrote:
sleepynumb wrote:

Peace Brother thanks for the shout out!Like you said thou this whole 'LO-FI" is def not what the originators of the 404 styles intended,plus most of it sounds too clean for my ears, where's the tape hiss?!?! lmao!

You came down from your mountain bud!

Where's the boom bap too! It's a lil to "sad" for me. Not sure what the vibe is. Respect to the kids though. But not a fan of the style. It's like they never heard black belt theatre amirite?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:58 pm 

HOLY SHIT HE DID IT
https://dongoldman.bandcamp.com/releases

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:26 am 

ritchrd wrote:

yeah buddy! worth the wait