It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 am

Post subject: SP404 Killer or mate ? The Elektron Model:Samples
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 am 

Elektron is about to sell at an aggressive price the Model:Samples. It looks like a reverse engineered SP404A with much more than a paint job. However there is minimal FX, no resampling and it's apparently not supported by the upcoming Overbridge software that allows virtual track outs on a DAW. Could it be they targeted among SP404 users the composers or live composers more than those that made of it an instrument through finger drumming or more than those arranging their mixtapes or again more than those that use it for its FX mainly ? Any idea about the way the SP404 is mostly used to this day ? As Elektron has seemingly cornered this type of use with a Digitakt "lite" should we fear an upcoming SP404 "lite" ?

img1
img2
img3

constructor website

Last edited by Gabanoise_Records on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SP404 Killer or mate ? The Elektron Model:Samples
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:27 am 

It does not sample. Everyone who uses an sp404 does it because the thing feels very hands-on and fast to work and because that I feel it can't really takes sp404's spot.
I never had any Elektron product, but everyone always talks about its sequencer, parameter locks, and all its automation stuff. It would probably be a nice companion to the 404.

And about the sp lite... man, it's already lite, but we never can underestimate a company wanderlust for money lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:31 am 

forest wrote:
it does not sample

That's very right ! At best an Electribe killer. At least a Volca Sample killer. Korg is the real victim then.

img4

Last edited by Gabanoise_Records on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 pm 

No way a killer, 404 wins in every way except the sequencer. Which the Elektron sequencer is bananas. Looks like it’d be fun for a minute then back to my trusty 404.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 am 

Would not mind a new sp model though. A 404 with a multi track like the 808 would be dope and should be easy to accomplish with modern tech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 am 

Gabanoise_Records wrote:
forest wrote:
it does not sample

That's very right ! At best an Electribe killer. At least a Volca Sample killer.

A volca sampler yes this thing kills. An electribe hell no, even a 404. A sampler that you cannot actually sample into is not a "sampler"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:35 pm 

IIIII wrote:
Would not mind a new sp model though. A 404 with a multi track like the 808 would be dope and should be easy to accomplish with modern tech

Was hoping we’d see one this year at NAMM but nope. Roland instead released a keyboard with Alexa built in, wish I was joking.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 am 

The killer weight or the exposition is found for the approval of the tools for the people. The method of the concern and resume writing reviews is demarcated for the candidates. Its impact is flowed for the use of the offers for the output for the weight of the town.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:16 pm 

I think it’s just a drum machine that you can input your own samples, at a more reasonable price point. But I’ve got plenty of drum machines already, and I’m more interested in the Digitone than I am the Digitakt.