It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

Post subject: How should I have the master and mixer channels in FL Studio
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:16 am 

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 as an audio interface and I have the in's and out's from my SP-404A plugged into it.

When I use it in FL Studio first I choose the audio device as Focusrite USB so I can listen while having my headphones plugged in the audio interface.

When I have a mixer channel like this, I can hear sounds played in FL and sounds from the SP, so I can record to it and out from it.
https://i.imgur.com/ou7HrJE.jpg

When I have the mixer channel like this the master channel defaults to input: [none] and output: 1/2.
This way everything works fine and I can hear everything.
https://i.imgur.com/3QEHsDo.jpg

But I asked someone about this and they said that they believe the master channel should be input: 1/2 and output: 3/4, like the mixer channel, and doing so I could use only the master channel set up like this.
https://i.imgur.com/waVJUg0.jpg

But when I set up the master channel to input: 1/2 and output: 3/4 I can't hear anything I play inside FL Studio. I only hear sounds I play from the SP.

So, I'm just wondering am I doing something wrong or is it fine for me to just keep doing it the way I do now, having one mixer channel set to input: 1/2 and output 3/4 and having the master channel set to input: [none] and output: 1/2?

Post subject: Re: How should I have the master and mixer channels in FL St
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06 am 

Just do you "kHed" and have fun with it.

But, on the reel: might be able to scoop up FL 6 or lower on compact disc, and hit Barnes and Noble or sumf'n for a manual.
{ Peace+one}

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:50 pm 

Well, thanks a lot "khed".

I guess I'll get better advice calling my grandma about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm 

Sorry outoffit, but he kind of has a point....if it was working just fine the way you had it, keep doing it that way, it won't cause any issues (as in it won't break anything).

You're just routing the audio, if the audio route you took worked, keep it that way. It's great that you tried the other route tho, that's the best way to learn (learn by doing)...... I don't use FL, but whoever suggested you route the audio differently, he probably just suggested it as that's how HE has it set up.

Are you running into any issues?
Is there anything else you would like to do that the current signal chain won't allow you to do?

https://sharris.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:29 pm 

outoffit wrote:
Well, thanks a lot "khed".

I guess I'll get better advice calling my grandma about it.

Your question is actually about Fruity Loops... not your SP. No one has any interest in deciphering your screen shots. Plus, u actually said u had the shit working the way u wanted it... then changed it on someone else’s advice. The original response alluded to this fact. U had it working so who cares what someone else told u. Lots of people want to act like they know everything when in fact they don’t. Have some self confidence. Try the shit out and see if u like the results. It’s hard to even find a specific question in ur post dude. It’s some contrived bullshit so u could complain about no one knowing the answer to ur quandary... which was convoluted as hell in the first place.

That and the fact that this same question about the Focusrite and FL Studio keeps popping up from new users every week. You guys are all emulating the same setup to try to make the same music as each other. Please stop doing that.

SP Fam... pretty sure these dudes come from the same place as the assholes that have been spamming our forums... lofi.hiphop

Look it up if you want the backstory.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 pm 

Sharris wrote:
Sorry outoffit, but he kind of has a point....if it was working just fine the way you had it, keep doing it that way, it won't cause any issues (as in it won't break anything).

Are you running into any issues?
Is there anything else you would like to do that the current signal chain won't allow you to do?

Yeah, I guess he had a point in the beginning but something about going to Barns n Noble's to buy FL Studio 6 was something that clearly wasn't helpful advice though. I have no problems atm if I keep doing it the way it worked for me the first time.

Quote:
Your question is actually about Fruity Loops... not your SP. No one has any interest in deciphering your screen shots. Plus, u actually said u had the shit working the way u wanted it... then changed it on someone else’s advice. The original response alluded to this fact. U had it working so who cares what someone else told u. Lots of people want to act like they know everything when in fact they don’t. Have some self confidence. Try the shit out and see if u like the results.

First of all, my question is about setting the SP to FL Studio, so technically it's about the SP and Fl Studio, but I do agree that I should've probably posted this topic in a different section though.

And I do have self confidence, believe it or not, but I'm just not stupid enough to not ask for advice when I'm clearly confused as shit about something. I was looking for some advice but apparently these types of responses is all I'm getting.

And I don't give a fuck about some lofi.hiphop forums if you're talking about that, I'm just trying to do my own thing with the capabilites that I own. I might not be the most tech-savy person on behalf of setting up my gear right... But that's just me, I guess I'm dumb in that way.

I just lack the experience and knowledge that someone would have that's owned a SP and been working it with a DAW for years, I do know about DAW's and I have some knowledge of musical hardware/instruments etc., but as far as the SP goes, I'm new.

So you can call me what you want, but I'm just looking for help with this shit, and if SP-FORUMS isn't a place to get any, I guess I came to the wrong place then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:33 pm 

I’ll go back to this... u had the setup working the way u wanted it at some point right? Just return to those settings. It’s confusing as to why u wouldn’t b good with that result... and then proceed in using ur gear to make stuff.

I don’t think anyone actually got on u until u made ur dismissive remark. I’m happy to roll back any aggression.

But yeah, if it seems like it’s working the way u want... then go with it. Once u start introducing different pieces of hardware into ur setup ur going to want to experiment w different arrangements to find out what works best as far as both workflow and audio signal. That aspect of exploring the unknown is half the fun. Trust ur ears.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 pm 

Ghost Bazz wrote:
But yeah, if it seems like it’s working the way u want... then go with it. Once u start introducing different pieces of hardware into ur setup ur going to want to experiment w different arrangements to find out what works best as far as both workflow and audio signal. That aspect of exploring the unknown is half the fun. Trust ur ears.

Well I agree to that and will continue the way I was at the beginning, like I said.

But it's all good, we don't have to continue this conversation anymore, I hope, since now I've got better answers to the subject than I first got.