It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

Post subject: Rca plugs for the 202 help. Need to fix
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:32 pm 

Hello all. I mainly joined this to possibly get some help with this 202 i just purchased a couple weeks ago. After waiting to use it becaise it didnt come with a power adapter and i had to order one. I start tonise it. Maybe 3 or 4 times. Recording samples to it then to my 303. Then just yesterday after not using it for a couple days. I try recording some samples from a record and im getting no sound. I try plughing the exact same cords to the 303 and it works fine. So i just try and move the plugs a bit with the cords pluged into the ins and outs of the 202. And i get little cuts of sound then it drops back out again. When i girst got it it worked with no issues. Then all of a sudden this happens. Also i wanted to add that when i first got it. And noticed it didnt have a power cord. I attempted to ise it with batteries. Then that didnt work. I opened the unit up and noticed the battery connector on one side was corroded by battery acid. So i contacted the seller and he refunded me some money back but not this happens. If anything has some suggestions or a way to fix this it wouod be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Rca plugs for the 202 help. Need to fix
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 pm 

you might need to open the unit and review the circuitry .. could be dome spillage on the board . might need cleaning .. or the audio ports might have come loose and need tightening

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:43 am 

Did you try with another set of cables to 100% verify that it is not the cables? Also that the mix source (next to the headphone jack is in the correct position?

For the terminals clean off the battery corrosion with some diet coke. Don't get it on the board, just the corrosion on the prongs Then you can wash that whole bottom piece off with some soap and water.

The pads that the two battery prongs sit on will have some divots in them, heat up the pads and add some fresh solder. Bamm, Battery compartment works again.

If I remember right the rca connections are on the bottom board (board you see when you remove the bottom of the unit). If that is the case you will need to desolder the copper cover on the pcb to get to them. At which point you can freshen the solder joints on the RCA's, Power Jack, Head Phone jack and Mic jack as well. If your already doing all that you might as well spend the $5 and slap some new pots in.

Note: Dependant on how abused the rca input/output was used, the solder traces may have been lifted off the board, if that is the case just resoldering the connections will not do any good. Same scenario for the headphone jack on a lot of these units.

you might as well go for the full nails, hair and boob job.

Separate the two boards by either pulling out the two ribbon cables on the right or desoldering the connection on the left. Unscrew the 4-5 screws and pull off the board. Now you can wash the top cover, soak and clean the buttons (repaint the button contacts with graphite, for brand new button feel). If you change out the LEDS don't use blue, but amber, red, green, yellow will work fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:23 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys, i will do what was suggested and see if that fixes the probelm. Will report back afterwards.