It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Post subject: Existentialist
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 pm 

Dropped a single today , titled “existentialist”
What are you all’s beliefs? Is it different from what you were raised to believe? What inspired the change?

https://smarturl.it/soulchoppasingles

https://soulchoppa.com/

Last edited by SOUL CHOPPA on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Existentialist
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:56 pm 

I had to look up existentialism, but what I read reflects my beliefs, so apparently I am an existentialist. Especially the below example of what existentialism is:

"each individual—not society or religion—is solely responsible for giving meaning to life and living it passionately and sincerely, or "authentically"

I believe that 100%.

I also believe (until proven otherwise) anything is possible. Are there aliens? Possibly. Are we living in a matrix? Possibly. Is there a god? Possibly (all tho I recently read that before religion, god wasn't thought of as being a person in the sky, but as the energy in all living things, it's the energy that connects us. Which makes sense to me).

I wasn't raised in a religious household I was raised to believe in whatever I wanted. My parents didn't go to church & when we discuss this stuff they seem to feel the same as I do.

I try to live by what I have control over. I don't know what happens when we die. I don't know how it all became. I just try to be the best person I can be. I try to live life to the fullest. I don't want to turn 80 & have regrets. & as long as I'm happy, experiencing life & treating others with respect there is nothing to regret.

Edit- was at work so couldn't listen earlier. Just listened, could hear 30sec clips (didn't feel like signin up to......(I think a listening app or something?) but good sh!t. Good enough that I'll probably just sign up to the thing so I can finish listenin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 pm 

Thanks for participating Sharris, and thanks for taking a listen. I can upload the track to Bandcamp or whatever your main platform is for listening to music.

I like what you said about anything being possible , it makes me wonder if we’ll ever get a revelation. When I die , I just want to be able to playback the history of the universe; though I’m more interested in earth and watching the evolution of man and seeing what went wrong. I guess that why I choose the agnostic route, cause I don’t know what’s out there. I belive there may be some divine being , but ultimately I think we’re our own gods; like you were saying about the energy, whatever you put out is what you get back. You can have control of who you associate with, the places you hang out, how you choose to spend your free time and these decisions ultimately determine which direction your life will take.

I grew up in a Christian household, forced to go to church for a while , but my mom eventually stopped doing that (she used to joke about me being atheist haha) and told me I can believe whatever as long as I believe in something. I won’t bash Christianity or any other organized religion as they all have some good qualities to pull from. However there are indeed situations that won’t permiss me to belive in this all knowing all powerful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:41 pm 

I could just copy paste everything Sharris said lol. Sometimes I get lost in life's weird loop and forget some basics like trying to see everyone's personal battles and treating them with respect... but heh, we are all learning.

Soul, tbh, I just listened to half of the album tbh, when I tried to play the single, it automatic threw me into a terrible advertised song that I couldn't pass forward. I can't afford to pay the damn Spotify thing and after some songs, it starts to nonstop play advertised fucking terrible songs and you can't really skip them. But man, I already said that I believe. I never listened to one song of yours that wasn't at least very good lol.

I will listen to the other half on the afternoon for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:48 pm 

yo Choppa .. biggups on the site .. looks really slick .. n very straight forward . good on you Sir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:50 pm 

so .. with smarturl .. can you load your tracks directly to it for the audio player?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:36 pm 

THEGREAT wrote:
yo Choppa .. biggups on the site .. looks really slick .. n very straight forward . good on you Sir

Preciate it Krisso, and for smarturl, it allows an audio player if the project is on Apple Music or Spotify but there isn't away to upload tracks to it, it'll just be streaming from those 2 platforms

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:40 pm 

forest wrote:
I could just copy paste everything Sharris said lol. Sometimes I get lost in life's weird loop and forget some basics like trying to see everyone's personal battles and treating them with respect... but heh, we are all learning.

Soul, tbh, I just listened to half of the album tbh, when I tried to play the single, it automatic threw me into a terrible advertised song that I couldn't pass forward. I can't afford to pay the damn Spotify thing and after some songs, it starts to nonstop play advertised fucking terrible songs and you can't really skip them. But man, I already said that I believe. I never listened to one song of yours that wasn't at least very good lol.

I will listen to the other half on the afternoon for sure.

Yea true, taking into consideration other peoples problems helps me to be more patient with people, you never know what someone is going through.

Haha sorry about the ads, thats shitty. I can upload it on bandcamp or something that you have access to. Furthermore, thank you for the kind words.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:00 pm 

Your comment Soul Choppa on organized religion having some good qualities to pull from, I feel the same way. & I think religion helps a lot of people.

With respects to what forest said, being lost in life's weird loop & forgetting to see other peoples battles....... a book that helped me put this in perspective, helped me get out of the weird loop..... actually this book completely changed my life, I read it like 30 times & I'm not a fan of reading -

"The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

I think you can read it for free online.

It's basically about how to live in the now instead of in your head. How to control emotions & thoughts. It talks about god in the sense of it being the energy in all of us, but it's not a religious book AT ALL (so if you read it, don't get scared off by the god talk).

I think this book needs to be taught in schools. The world would be a better place that's for sure. Even just taking a little piece from this book can change your life. There were a few things in the book I wasn't willing to do, I don't see myself ever being fully enlightened, but the book opened my eyes to a lot of things that made me a better & happier person. Like A LOT happier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:35 pm 

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
I like what you said about anything being possible , it makes me wonder if we’ll ever get a revelation

Sharris wrote:
I recently read that before religion, god wasn't thought of as being a person in the sky, but as the energy in all living things, it's the energy that connects us

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
ultimately I think we’re our own gods; like you were saying about the energy, whatever you put out is what you get back

One word and a number. Pantheism. 303.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:56 pm 

Sharris wrote:

Ive heard of this book, ima go cop just off the strength of you mentioning it. Once of my favorites is The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Its a short read, I pick it up annually.

Sharris wrote:
I think this book needs to be taught in schools.

I tried to get my younger brother to read a couple of books like this, he's 15. At that age give or take I don't think books like this are effective. Maybe its just him, but they don't seem to be as receptive to books like this. Maybe its the Herd Mentality common in high school or the fact that life hasn't really hit them yet so they really don't care about things like this.

Gabanoise_Records wrote:
SOUL CHOPPA wrote:

One word and a number. Pantheism. 303.

Ill have check this out, whats the 303 though?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:16 pm 

Also a new single dropped today, I added band camp and Soundcloud links for those not subscribed to any streaming services :mrgreen:

http://smarturl.it/soulchoppasingles

this is one is titled, Astral Projection

Thanks to everyone who has been supportive, you all have been keeping me inspired through this journey.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:51 pm 

Sharris wrote:

This is not the first time this book is recommended to me since I started to take more care of my thoughts, soul, feelings and all this stuff. I will get it soon, Sharris. Thanks for the word.

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:

Ive heard of this book, ima go cop just off the strength of you mentioning it. Once of my favorites is The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Its a short read, I pick it up annually.

I started reading this like a month ago. I finished the intro and the first agreement. Put it down to really think about it. I'm going to take it and read the same part again. This book seems really solid. Also, yeah, I agree with all you said about teenagers not getting into this. My brother was the same thing, now that he is getting through hard stuff, he is coming back to me and my mother asking about "those books" lol.

Also2: dope track as always. Thanks for the Soundcloud link. I was talking with my gf, she has Spotify and shared her account with me, so, no problems anymore.

Two questions Choppa: How are you approaching these themes musically? Asking just because I'm into this too. I stopped posting stuff and I have like 3 kinda good songs and something like 4 songs on the oven that I think can cut. I like to frame them on thoughts about stuff like the titles you put on your tracks. And how is Spotify treating you? I sold some packs and I'm looking to pay for distrokid. What do you think about Spotify to release stuff? Is it something good or do you need tons of work to your song not fall into the endless new releases sea?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am 

ah yes .. The Power Of Now .. excellent book

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm 

forest wrote:
I started reading this like a month ago. I finished the intro and the first agreement. Put it down to really think about it. I'm going to take it and read the same part again. This book seems really solid. Also, yeah, I agree with all you said about teenagers not getting into this. My brother was the same thing, now that he is getting through hard stuff, he is coming back to me and my mother asking about "those books" lol.

Good method, ill have to try that the next time I read it. Haha Im sure it won't be too long before my younger bro starts doing the same.
forest wrote:

Also2: dope track as always. Thanks for the Soundcloud link. I was talking with my gf, she has Spotify and shared her account with me, so, no problems anymore.

Two questions Choppa: How are you approaching these themes musically? Asking just because I'm into this too. I stopped posting stuff and I have like 3 kinda good songs and something like 4 songs on the oven that I think can cut. I like to frame them on thoughts about stuff like the titles you put on your tracks. And how is Spotify treating you? I sold some packs and I'm looking to pay for distrokid. What do you think about Spotify to release stuff? Is it something good or do you need tons of work to your song not fall into the endless new releases sea?

Thanks I appreciate it as always.
1) The themes are more of an afterthought. I figured the titles of these tracks could open up discussions and eternalize the music; these are subjects that will be talked about till the end of time. I want my music to be parallel to philosophy, I want it to be carried on through centuries like the works of Plato. However, for this project I have premeditated the vibe I want to uphold for the entirety of the project. I want these songs to inspire creative thinking, and I think the title certainly assist in achieving that.

2)Im fairly new to the whole Distrokid thing and publishing, so I cant give an honest answer. I have a very small audience (being able to count on my fingers) on Spotify so I don't have any results I can share that would be of benefit, but once my audience grows, stream numbers increase, and im able to figure out how it works I would be more than glad to share.