It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

Post subject: 404sx and JDxi
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:42 am 

Has anyone had experience connecting the JD-Xi to an SP-404sx?

Hoping to be able to sync them through Midi so the samples can trigger on beat with my programs.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: 404sx and JDxi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:59 pm 

I haven't used these two devices together, but I sync the SP-404sx with the TR-8. Set the midi on the SP-404sx to Auto. It's a shift command. Connect the midi out of the JD-Xi to the SP-404SX midi in.

Now every-time you hit play on the JD-XI, the SP-404SX will play pattern 1, bank A, and it will match the tempo of the JD-XI.

If the JD-Xi is playing actual pads on the SP-404, and you don't want it to, just change the midi channel on the SP-404 to something other than 1,2,3 or 10, and it should fix the problem.

If you plan on using this in a live situation, you'll most likely want to create a silent pattern for pattern A1, then you can trigger pattern A2 when you want it to start playing. It will wait until the end of the measure for A1 to start playing A2.

I used this system to record on of my EPs. All of my synth pads, strings and sound effects were sampled into the SP-404SX, and it ran in sequence with my TR-8 and two TB-3s. It was a really good way to extend the 32 bar limit of the TR-8 & TB-3.

I hope this works for you.
L8r,
M.