It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: learning about compressors
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:46 pm 

Sharris wrote:

I didn't read all the arguing, I stopped at the above comment...LoopmantrA....what I don't get is you agreed with Zendan...........I get you don't like him, but it's just confusing when you agree with him, but say he doesn't know what he's talking about in the same sentence. I see there is arguing above me, so apparently it turned in to another battle....over nothing...... Fuckin crazy.

No, I don't agree with him at all.
why wouldn't you just record them at the volume you want them to be at in the finished product???" THIS IS BULL SHIT, NOBODY DOES THAT. YOU RECORD AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE, WITHOUT THE CLIPPING, AND THEN IN THE MIX 99.9% TIME YOU WILL BRING IT DOWN. Not to mention colouring, efx, pan, etc
a compressor isn't for evening out the volume levels; it's about dynamics, the way the sounds of each instrument affect each other.
ANOTHER UTTER BULLSHIT, COMPRESSION DOESN'T MAKE THE INSTRUMENTS ITSELF AFFECT EACH OTHER, EQ-ING AND PAN DOES IT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:49 pm 

"yeah this doesn't look like bragging at all.... hm....

i asked you to say this, fam? no i don't recall ever asking you to say this, guy.

once you say something like this, people want proof.

please look at yourself and the way you are acting"

Is this a fkn joke Zendan? You called me a mid life crisis character who probably never did anything, and that you're most likely better producer than me. Do I REALLY need to scroll back to look for the exact words, you dimwit?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:50 pm 

Just stop replying Zendan...I know it's hard....I LOVE getting the last word (not saying you do).......but it will never stop & it gives people ammunition against you........you don't have to listen to me........just a suggestion...... I can only imagine how hard it is for both of you not to respond when someone calls you out.....but I really don't see you guys resolving this......

I won't reply to this thread again.......but I hope you guys can just agree to disagree......there's no winning this battle......Compression, just like a warm sound can go into a never ending battle.....& since you are both heated you're going to pick a part every word the other one says........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm 

No no, I'm done. I've got more important things in my life than to prove some idiot wrong and try to kick his immense ego down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm 

zendan wrote:
btw your explanation right here doesn't really make sense:
andy wrote:
If you want to record instruments or tracks with contrasting volumes, a compressor can help normalize the sound so you have a more even recording.

why wouldn't you just record them at the volume you want them to be at in the finished product???
a compressor isn't for evening out the volume levels; it's about dynamics, the way the sounds of each instrument affect each other.

here is the post he keeps referring to when he says i'm wrong. the part he's trying to tell me i'm wrong about is a rhetorical question. something he doesn't understand i guess? basic concept of language.

lol wow i just read something he just posted and he said that compression doesn't make the instruments in the mix affect each other, but EQ and panning does..... this guy is a genius

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 pm 

andy wrote:
Dang I guess I’ll find a new topic to talk about that’s not soo polarizing :D

Either way, that creative live class is pretty good for 40 bucks imo. Been a fan of these online workshops recently.

Knowledge is power. You can only fake it till you make it for soo long... once you work with people who really know thier shit... you’ll feel like a fool.

Peace.

funny if you're referring to me as the one that will feel like a fool man. you obviously don't know shit, so it's really really really funny that you're trying to talk down to me still.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:42 pm 

zendan wrote:
what are you doing on this forum if you play bass in a rock n roll band? this forum is for hip hop dude

And all this time I thought this was an SP forum, no wonder, foolish me.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm 

Kegeratorz wrote:
zendan wrote:
what are you doing on this forum if you play bass in a rock n roll band? this forum is for hip hop dude

wdym man, people use SPs for hip hop. it's a sampler. it's for sample based music.

you can use it however you want but 99% of the time it's used for hip hop applications

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 pm 

Kegeratorz wrote:
zendan wrote:

anyways this is besides the point

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 pm 

andy wrote:
zendan wrote:
andy wrote:
Dang I guess I’ll find a new topic to talk about that’s not soo polarizing :D

Either way, that creative live class is pretty good for 40 bucks imo. Been a fan of these online workshops recently.

Knowledge is power. You can only fake it till you make it for soo long... once you work with people who really know thier shit... you’ll feel like a fool.

Peace.

funny if you're referring to me as the one that will feel like a fool man. you obviously don't know shit, so it's really really really funny that you're trying to talk down to me still.

nah bro. i wasn't referring to you. but if it makes you feel important than sure, you can pretend i'm talking about you.

i was speaking from my experience cause i've been put in similar situations and some how made it to where i'm at. i'm just trying to share other resources as a point of learning and discussion. I enjoy sharing knowledge and experience and helping my peers grow. If you're not down with that, that's cool but please stop spamming my shit and trying to start internet fights.

if you want to battle, i'll battle you and settle any beef you may have with me in a cypher. I'm in the middle of moving these next 2 weeks but I'd gladly dust off my 303 and do a 303 only battle. if you're better, you'll roast me, if not then well.....it's whatever.

if you dont want to battle, you can fuck off.

i don't have any beef nigga, you just SEEMED like you were calling me out on multiple occasions and i do not appreciate that kind of attitude.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 pm 

Here you go, since you're now stuck into all that 'he ain't doing hip hop boo hooo, what's he doing here' mode :

https://youtu.be/kujdzbLTC08
Song I did with my mate Ljuban, my bass there.

When I started using the SP - 8 months ago, to be exact, - I recorded myself, just to have a go. Nothing serious, and even took first takes, each time, and if you really want to hear (and probably laugh since it's crap, and I didn't know shit - especially in scratch department, never really did it before) me using it, here you go, Zendan :

https://youtu.be/ijhCgIc1agA
That's my beat, bass played on Kaossilator, and some samples I chopped (Lightning Hopkins) - boring, long and predictable. Only putting it here to show you that you don't know shit about anyone here, you just think you do.

You think those links I placed earlier is everything I've been doing so far in music? You don't know me FAM, now back the fuck away.

I'm done with you. Dumbass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm 

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 pm 

WTF happened?

:lol:

I'll pick the sense out of all of this and check the links

Cause I&I wise :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next