It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

Post subject: Re: URGENT NEED HELP GUYS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 am 

Crane wrote:
You can file a DMCA complaint directly with soundcloud and they will remove the beat based on your upload date vs his.
(link to soundcloud DMCA complaints)
https://soundcloud.com/pages/dmca_policy

You will be certifying in the complaint that he infringed on your copyright laws and that you own full copyright of the beat in question. I have had to fill these out for articles of mine and they are very simple.

When you agreed to their TOU you already agreed that you have full control and rights over what you uploaded, so what's another lie on top of it? They will have no reason to follow up any further. Unless the person that you sampled from files a complaint as well (against you), at which point you are pretty much f*cked.

Do as above and politely message him to include your name and link in his description, if he gives no response then slander the hell out of him all over the internet and facebook, or file the proper complaint. Other's can not help you get him "banned".

None of us own any of the stuff we are putting up on these sites.
Happy sampling!

oh my god, thank you so SO much brother <333 it worked!!! soundcloud took his trash down!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EVERYONE feel free to keep this thread going as a discussion about sample based music and this whole issue!! this is a good topic :lol: :lol: 8)

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:51 am 

I know it works. That's why I posted it.

There is already a discussion concerning sampling rights right here.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25345

Feel free to add your input. But maybe do some reading first on the sixth court vs. sampling as it has not been mentioned and is directly connected to your thread.

Last edited by Crane on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:36 am 

Here I found it for you

http://www.kentuckylawjournal.org/index ... ecordings/

Read this and the links that I posted concerning copyright law in the other thread posted above.

Sample based music is stealing. Every beat I make I steal from another.

I just sampled your beat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:07 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
Crane wrote.

''Sample based music is stealing. Every beat I make I steal from another. ''

That's why you gotta flip that shit, and flip it extra hard so you don't get caught out and caught up within the world of cease and desist orders.

So many so called producers are just lazy fucks basically when it comes to this, unfortunately.

That's a 'them' problem though as someone on here,although I cant remember who very wisely stated in another thread.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm 

Crane wrote:
Here I found it for you

http://www.kentuckylawjournal.org/index ... ecordings/

Read this and the links that I posted concerning copyright law in the other thread posted above.

Sample based music is stealing. Every beat I make I steal from another.

I just sampled your beat.

you just sampled my beat??

btw nah it's not illegal or stealing unless you are SELLING your music for a profit

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:20 am 

zendanisdead wrote:
btw nah it's not illegal or stealing unless you are SELLING your music for a profit

No, i didn't sample your beat. It was a joke.

If you make a profit off of a sampled beat is beside the point. You still used another artist music without their permission, you stole their creation to make your own. The article that I posted above has many cases talking about what is considered violating another's work, whether it be a half second to a loop (the amen break is discussed as well). Before you decide what is and is not legal you should probably read up on what you are writing.
I may not abide by, nor show respect for the law, but I am confined by and work within the laws regulations everyday.
Again in the link to the other thread I posted above contains the US legalities of copyright and copyright infringement.

Whether you sell it or not you still stole from the original artist unless they gave you permission to use their song. Granted that poser rapped over "your" beat (and he did suck). You followed legal protocol filed a DMCA as I posted above and his shit was taken down. That is the law, on the same playing field you need to respect that a DMCA complaint can be filed against you as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 am 

Crane wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

No, i didn't sample your beat. It was a joke.

If you make a profit off of a sampled beat is beside the point. You still used another artist music without their permission, you stole their creation to make your own. The article that I posted above has many cases talking about what is considered violating another's work, whether it be a half second to a loop (the amen break is discussed as well). Before you decide what is and is not legal you should probably read up on what you are writing.
I may not abide by, nor show respect for the law, but I am confined by and work within the laws regulations everyday.
Again in the link to the other thread I posted above contains the US legalities of copyright and copyright infringement.

Whether you sell it or not you still stole from the original artist unless they gave you permission to use their song. Granted that poser rapped over "your" beat (and he did suck). You followed legal protocol filed a DMCA as I posted above and his shit was taken down. That is the law, on the same playing field you need to respect that a DMCA complaint can be filed against you as well.

yeah i just looked it up and that was just a myth, so i guess it is illegal what i'm doing hhaha

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 am 

zendanisdead wrote:
yeah i just looked it up and that was just a myth, so i guess it is illegal what i'm doing hhaha

I would still recommend reading all the shit that I posted up, but yes every beat you make is a crime. Honestly who gives a fuck. If you want a loop, take it. If you want a drum kit, take it, if you want a piano roll, take it. Fuck copyright infringement this is hip hop, take it.