It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:25 am

Post subject: how do you guys promote yourselves?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 pm 

what's up yall?

I figured I'd pose the question: how do you promote yourself?

Are you submitting to blogs/forums regularly or facebook groups or instagram?

I'm looking for new ways to promote myself and I figured it'd be cool to discuss with other producers how they go about it.

cheers!

http://www.soundcloud.com/ywcbropher
http://bandcamp.com/bropherywc

Post subject: Re: how do you guys promote yourselves?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm 

Back in the day when I first started producing, there was a peer2peer program called Soulseek. I would put all of my music in a "craveone" folder for anyone to download. I would also tag my myspace page in the mp3's, along with an email address for contacts. Not sure if your giving away your music for free, if not, might want to consider it. Alot of cats that have beat tapes that sell an actual cassette will give a "name your price" download instead. The band I'm in, we have a bandcamp page that we allow name your price downloads. Our vinyl release will be out in August, and presales have already sold out. A good market tool is to give things away, everyone wants something for free. And lets face it, 95% of us won't "make it" in this industry. And by "make it" I mean sell millions of records. Alot of DIY artist do this for fun and the enjoyment, not to make cash off of it. And I'm not trying to say thats what your doing, just giving a general statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:35 am 

crave1ne wrote:
Back in the day when I first started producing, there was a peer2peer program called Soulseek.

Dude, I still use Soulseek. It's the best.

As for advice on promotion, I would suggest looking into marketing. Find your target audience and engage them with content. Create videos, music, stuff for them to remain engaged.

Ideally, and most importantly, you also gotta figure out what your goal is.

Set a mission statement.

Are you gonna produce beats for clubs? For MC's? For other like minded individuals?

Once you figure out what you really wish to do with your music, then it becomes a lot easier to reverse engineer or come up with an effective marketing campaign to help you execute your vision.

However, it kind of sounds to me like you guys know what you're doing... so just BE PERSISTENT.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:20 am 

r4ph431 wrote:

As for advice on promotion, I would suggest looking into marketing. Find your target audience and engage them with content. Create videos, music, stuff for them to remain engaged.

Ideally, and most importantly, you also gotta figure out what your goal is.

Set a mission statement.

Are you gonna produce beats for clubs? For MC's? For other like minded individuals?

Once you figure out what you really wish to do with your music, then it becomes a lot easier to reverse engineer or come up with an effective marketing campaign to help you execute your vision.

However, it kind of sounds to me like you guys know what you're doing... so just BE PERSISTENT.

Nice! This!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Dropping links to your music on as many forms of social media as you can, invite people you meet at work and parties to listen to your work. Ask local venues and bars if you can play a gig for free bad and hopefully if it draws people there some money eventually. You shouldn't under estimate building a loyal local fan base. Participate in the community by joining beat battles and winning them(hopefully) and pay to see local artists that are trying to eat of it like you. Lastly you can send your music in to labels you would like to work with and maybe someone will be feeling it and contact you. I personally use a patented brand of being an asshole that just hasn't really panned out, so um.... don't do that. Good luck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:41 am 

fb and ig and when the posts get no likes i delete them...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am 

make fire beats and post them here / send 2 favorite blog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:36 am 

ritchrd wrote:
make fire beats

++

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:42 am 

Today, people don't have time to scroll through long ad posts. There are a lot of such people. Increasingly, people are giving an advantage to visualized content that immediately tells in all the details about a product or service. Therefore, now everyone has abruptly started to create Video for marketing goals. If you need I can share a good service