It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

Post subject: Deleting all samples?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm 

I just found in the manual that you can delete all samples. I'm curious if this deletes all samples from a sample bank saved to a sd card, or just within the sp404sx memory. I have samples saved to a bank on the sd card. And when I power on the unit, all the samples and sequences I was working on in my last project load up. I'm wanting to start with a clean plate each time I turn the unit on. I've also thought about copying bank 1 to bank 2, and then leaving bank 1 blank in hopes it will load bank 1 and be able to start from scratch. Has anyone tried this or used the "deleting all samples"?

Post subject: Re: Deleting all samples?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:08 pm 

the sx doesnt have any internal memory as far as i know, so its all on the sd card it came with. the samples that you put on there will be there unless you delete them manually on the sp. OR you can put the sd card in a computer and transfer whatever samples/drums/beats.. but serious warning because if youre unorganized like me you will have folders and folders filled with j0000005.wavs just floating around everywhere.

anytime you turn the sp on, everything is left how it was when u turned it off. personally, i constantly have sounds just everywhere on every single pad and its kind of a mess but its fun to turn it on and just have shit to mess with, like loose drums and random unused samples

Post subject: Re: Deleting all samples?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm 

chachoschavela wrote:
the sx doesnt have any internal memory as far as i know, so its all on the sd card it came with. the samples that you put on there will be there unless you delete them manually on the sp. OR you can put the sd card in a computer and transfer whatever samples/drums/beats.. but serious warning because if youre unorganized like me you will have folders and folders filled with j0000005.wavs just floating around everywhere.

anytime you turn the sp on, everything is left how it was when u turned it off. personally, i constantly have sounds just everywhere on every single pad and its kind of a mess but its fun to turn it on and just have shit to mess with, like loose drums and random unused samples

checked Chops Magazine 404sx tutorials. he shows that after doing a backup save, he deleted the backup and everything was still on the machine. i think it does have internal memory. someone else commented on another forum that they do a back up save to bank 1, then to bank 2. they reload bank2, and then delete all samples on the machine. then delete bank 2 back up. not sure if you really need to do a double backup to do it this way or not. I plan on getting a new card very soon to try it out and see if once you save the back up, you can delete all sounds and what not from the machine.