It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

Post subject: How do you chop resaples?
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:18 pm 

When I resample a loop, e.g. I have 8 simmilar loops, but only one is resampled well. How do you find that perfect loop? I realised that there are about three ways:
Remember which loop is perfect in time, so you count from beginning and then mark it (e.q. third loop from beginning).
Obviously, you have to listen whole resample and remember wich one was That perfect loop. Time consuming.
You could play sample and hit mark button in random places (start of the beat), hit stop mark, play loop and if it isn't good loop, unmark it during playback, sample will play from last mark position, so you could mark another loop start point.
You can listen and if you hear whole good loop, you can hit reverse, it couses to rewind from point you hit it, then hit reverse again and mark start point. But this one is tricky for me, I lost often and don't know how far do I have to rewind.

How do You chop your resamples? Or are you always perfect in timing?

Post subject: Re: How do you chop resaples?
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:50 pm 

I just used my ears and chop... Mark and adjusting start and end times, that's it.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:48 pm 

I thought about long resamples, same loops, e.g. 2 minutes long. Or you'll stop resampling, if you make some mistake and delete resample and start again?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:30 pm 

ryba wrote:
I thought about long resamples, same loops, e.g. 2 minutes long. Or you'll stop resampling, if you make some mistake and delete resample and start again?

I don't ever sample loops that long. I'd personally spread that out across different pads though.