It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 am

Post subject: Studio/gigging dilemma
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 pm 

Here is a pic done in Sketchup of what I have vs what I want. The top part of the pic is what I have the bottom is what I want.

Attachment:
Studio set up.jpg
Studio set up.jpg [ 390.34 KiB | Viewed 3368 times ]

Ok the main problem is I had plan to sell off the sp808's and the 909. While the 909 will fetch a decent price the 808's sadly will not, in fact it is so bad that I can't sell them, I refuse to take such a low price(they go as low as a $100 on Ebay).

Ok now because of the first problem means I am keeping my set up, the problem is ...room, I am running out of room, I was going to add a studio to my townhouse but now it has blossomed into not being able to due to building codes(example I am trying to enclose a 8 x 12 balcony that is almost enclosed I just want to add 3 windows but the city says I have to upgrade my AC unit, run extra circuit blah blah blah and an extra 5k that is not in my budget) now I am still going to do the studio but it may be a year down the road.

I am looking at keyboard stands that that I can use at home and roll my chair under and play but also when and if I go to gig out I can use for that too. I am really liking that Gator Works utility table. I would love to see some pics and ideas on live set ups that are also used back at home, lets post some pics peeps

Post subject: Re: Studio/gigging dilemma
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:38 pm 

I would have thought selling the 808s and 909 would very nearly pay for the 404 and MPC500, you'd be close anyway.

As for the call for photos, can you post your space?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 am 

The city can ordinance against your AC system?
Do you live in America?

I'm a contractor. I mean, I'm just a tile guy. But I have over a decade in the trades and that sounds wacky.

Also, why do you want windows in a music studio? Just curious.

You have 2 808s and you wanna get rid of em to buy a Kaoss pad and a low grade MPC?

I'm really nieve or just plain ignorant.

What are you wanting from your music setup?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 am 

What you have looks like an array of equipment.
But what you want seems like it could fit into a L-shaped desk in a small corner of a room. No real need for an 8x12 bumpout for a couple samplers, an effects pad and something to record to.

But to each their own.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:11 am 

Yeah Matt , where I live is in a townhouse, my only expansion I can do is enclose a second floor balcony that has a roof over. I need to have windows otherwise it will look stupid. I have a glass company so putting windows is no big deal.

I should take a pic of my set up, it is sweet the way I have it for now. I want to really start cranking out music but my business is cranking right now and has slowed the music making process down.

Well i am hoping to have a decent sequencer out of the Electribe2 but there are things it does that I don't like. So now I am starting to work on the 909, I remember how liked the 505 sequencer, so I have some digging to do with the 909, all is good no more dilemma :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm 

PS no I am keeping the 808's, I love them too much