https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZErlUfM-m0

Tech Spec
Product Hardware Specifications

32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
28 RGB backlit function buttons
8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
Dedicated filter and volume pots
1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
USB socket
Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
Integrated speaker
Rubberised knob caps
Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
Power supply connector
Power switch
Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
Kensington Security Slot
Sound Engine

2 Nova synths
4 Part drum machine
6 Note polyphonic per synth
64 Synth patches
64 Drum patches
8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
Mixer view with levels and mutes
Master FX with individual track sends
16 Delays
8 Reverbs
Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
Sequencer

32 Sessions
6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
16 Demo sessions
Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
Internal tempo range 40 - 240
External synced tempo range 30 - 300
Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance

Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
Synth expand view doubles playable area
Drum expand view allows real time drum record
Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
Pattern length and nudge
Configurable pattern chain
Session instant switching and queued switch
Editing

Velocity and gate per step
Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
Automation edit per step
Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
Duplicate step, pattern
Software Compatibility

Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller.

Power Requirements

Circuit can be powered using 6x AA batteries or a power supply (both included). It can not be powered via USB
Maximum power consumption 12V DC 600mA
Product Dimensions

240mm width x 200mm depth x 35mm height

MSRP $329.99

Post subject: Re: Novation Circuit
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:44 pm 

I just got this on friday and have finally gotten around to spending some time with it.. while nursing a halloween hangover.. so far i am REALLY digging the workflow.. there are still some things that are confusing about it.. and i havent figured out how to do everything yet. and some of the things you read and hear are true. like tweaking knobs you dont immediately understand what is going on but i havent missed having an lcd screen yet.. but i kind of like the lack of info.. it makes the machine very experimenty.. it wasnt as pick up and play as the internet let me believe but once i got started things have felt pretty natural. you can do some kind of cool things with the parts.. like the synth can run for 8 bars and the drums to two and kind of use the sequencer to turn off and on hits to keep the drum pattern alive.. i like the sounds so far and have done SOME tweaking to one that was kinda nasty to turn it into something more useable. i watched the videos on the novation site before i got it and was like yes this is awesome and easy.. now that i am trying to figure out things the demonstrations go from slow to what the fuck buttons did he just press real quick.. but overall i am digging it..

I am a super part time music maker and dont need a ton of features and fluff.. I have used my volcas in cars and on airplanes more than at home the last few years so the portability is awesome.. I was kind of sold when i saw a video of a guy using the provided abelton light and the circuit to control the software.. a concern was i would miss sampling and its not really a big deal now.. i have the maschine app on my phone and ipad and look forward to seeing how easy i can connect to those too for sample based stuff also.

ill post more as i dig.. if anyone cares..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:31 am 

I have been tempted by this, so please do. Btw, can you slave a SP to this? Or is it just easier to sample your beats and synth noodling into your SP?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:13 am 

it has midi out and in so i would imagine it can be synced? its kina cool.. it seems like novation is a good company.. they have a strong web and social media presence.. they chime in on posts with feedback or explanation and one of the things that sold me was how people said the listen.. and update.. and dont let new products die.. donno how true that is but several people chimed in about that.. still digging.. so far ive just gotten lost inside the box.. i get a groove going and just keep building on stuff and exploring sounds.. i like it a lot.. will probably do a big post this weekend about it..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:26 pm 

Sounds nice! Thanks for sharing your impressions so far. Looks like a really fun to play instrument.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:28 am 

so i messed around more.. the sequencer is locked to 16 steps like an electribe or that style drum machine.. i like this style of sequencer and knew this going in to the purchase.. you can play your patterns in live and have the option of fixed velocity or velocity sensitive pads.. i suck at drumming so i usually enter in notes.. after the fact you can click on individual pads and change the velocity for each step of the individual sounds in a sequence.. so if i have a highhat on all 16 steps i was going in to random steps and making the hats all different velocities to make it have a more rolling-live feel.. which is awesome for someone like me.. you can also put your snares like 4 in a row.. have the first one 100% the second one 50% 10% and then like 5% and it makes your snare sound like reverb or a fading echo.. there are effects in the box as well but i just am digging all the experimentation and general fun the machine is.. i havent messed too much with the synth portion of the machine but apparently you can expand the grid for the synth sounds and do more than 16th notes.. a video i saw a guy made the two synth slots sound like a snare and highhat and was able to record some really lose drums.. but then you lose your syth sounds sooo yea.. Also the circuit users page on facebook has been buzzing today.. apparently a rep has been hinting at some pretty awesome features that will be coming out for the software/editor they have mentioned since the beginning of the release.. its fun.. stoked on making music again..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:50 pm 

got it since half a week , still experiment and finds this thing very fun , i think i will sample in the sp to dirty it , and it's a great news if it got an editor :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:07 pm 

I'd have to look into it by at least next year. Got a Roland Gaia SH-01 I gots to start making payments on. Probably by spring or summer in 2016 I'd see what new features or updates Novation has in its pipeline. But it is cool and portable, which I do like. Would love to hear any SP/Circuit beats from you lucky owners! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 pm 

Gave this thing a try and bought it thinking i could give it back if i don't like it. And it turned out to be a very cool friend for my synths, drum machines and samplers. Sure it's limited but there are some functions which make sequencing on it a lot of fun. The sounds are cool too and the motion recording of the knobs can make simple sequences very lively. And if you send the sounds through fx or use it in the SP it will sound even better.
Thanx to Tim from Texas again for sharing his experience and turning me on to this dope little machine!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:15 am 

they released a patch editor today.. looks cool but i havent really looked THAT into it.. no sample swapping but apparently heavy synth/parameter editing..

its in beta stages right now

http://isotonikstudios.com/novation-x-i ... it-editor/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:05 pm 

the editor is dope , you got access to all the paramaters , like if you got 2 mininova 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:38 pm 

My impressions after picking one up.

- Nice sound and good workflow. I was able to get everything going smoothly and feel comfortable within the first day.

- Solid build quality.

- Built in speaker is nice touch.

- Can not be powered by USB. Wallwart or battery only.

- Frequent updates adding new features from manufacturer.

- Standalone PC synth editor really opens what you can do. I spent an entire day just putting together patches for a custom bank.

- Web Based sample import/file librarian. This is not so cool. You need to be online to import/export samples. You are able to store the system file locally to your computer (.syx file). This part actually sounds worse than it is.

- You can import 64 samples with a total time for all samples equalling 60 seconds. (you can pitch samples). This is pretty much on par with the Volca Sample.

- Sample playback options are only triggered 1 shots. You get ADSR and pitch, but no pan.

- 2 FX. Delay and Reverb

- It midi controls/sequences the sp404 nicely. I just mute out the synth channel 1 and then control the 404 with that part. Easy Peasy.

Overall for $275 NIB it's a really awesome machine. Loading custom sample packs is actually fun since you have to be more selective on the sounds, but more creative when using them. This is not a production studio/workstation type of box. It doesn't try to be. If you can or want to think out of the box this is the gear for you.