It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

Post subject: sp555 + sp404sx // midi sync???
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 am 

Soooo I just scooped up an 404 with hopes of being able to use it with my 555. midi is pretty much a foreign language to me but I was thinking I should be able to sync the two units so that when I play a pattern on the 555 a pattern on the 404 would start at the same time using the same bpm. What I'm trying to do is drums on one unit and samples on the other. I tried looking thru the forums for this but couldn't find any answers. help plzzzz

Post subject: Re: sp555 + sp404sx // midi sync???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 pm 

yungbills wrote:
I tried looking thru the forums for this but couldn't find any answers. help plzzzz

Besides forums, have you read the manuals?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:22 pm 

yea plenty of times. i thought it mightve been a broken midi cable so i bought a new one and still no luck. i have the 555 sync'd with my computer (maschine) but I can't get the 404 synced with the 555.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 pm 

so it may have actually been a bad midi cable. I can get both to sync but when I try to run midi from maschine to the 555, turn on the midi thru, the 404 doesn't pick it up. Maybe because I'm using USB but idk. I'ma buy another midi cable and see if it'll pick it up thru midi instead of USB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:35 pm 

yungbills wrote:
when I try to run midi from maschine to the 555, turn on the midi thru, the 404 doesn't pick it up.

From the manual:

1. While holding down [PATTERN SELECT], switch on the SP-555’s power.
2. Press BANK [B]. The display will indicate “trU.”
3. Turn the CTRL 3 knob to turn MIDI Thru on/off. If this is “on,” MIDI messages received at the MIDI IN connector or the USB MIDI input will be retransmitted (“thru-ed”) from the MIDI OUT connector. MIDI messages from the MIDI IN connector will be “thru-ed” to the USB MIDI output. The “thru-ed” MIDI messages will be merged with the pad performance and pattern sequencer performance, and sent to each MIDI output.
4. Press [SAMPLING] to save the setting.

and

If the SP-555 is connected via USB to your computer, and you want to synchronize it with your MIDI sequencer software or DAW software, you must make the following settings in addition to the MIDI synchronization mode setting described above.
- Install the driver(p. 40.)
- Change the Sync Source (the source for MIDI clock reception) to “USB” (p. 63.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:59 pm 

yea i have the manual lol. and i did this still isn't working thru USB, thanks tho.