It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am

Post subject: Effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 am 

Hi Everyone
when using the effects on the 606 can u assign different pads to fx1 and diffent pads to fx2 or does it mean the same pads get allocated to both effects
thanx

Post subject: Re: Effects
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:14 am 

been a while since ive used the 606 but yea im sure you can... you can have the effects turned on at the same time with different effects and you can turn on or off whatever pads you want or dont want the effects to be on... as i type all this out im gonna go with yes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 am 

Sorry Timfromtexas, but the 606 can't do this (I use mine frequently). You can't apply the effects separately when they're both switched on.

Its odd, but I'd never thought about splitting effects in the 606 until reading jus's question... Even though I own an Electribe ESX that can do this & use that function on it all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:16 pm 

ahhhhh i had a huge rant written about how you could do this and i even went and "tested it out" but wasnt really watching what i was doing. i almost sent the message and double checked and im glad i did i was totally wrong and you are very right. its kinda weird they have it set up that way but thats roland and the "work around charm".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 am 

timfromtexas wrote:
ahhhhh i had a huge rant written about how you could do this and i even went and "tested it out" but wasnt really watching what i was doing. i almost sent the message and double checked and im glad i did i was totally wrong and you are very right. its kinda weird they have it set up that way but thats roland and the "work around charm".

Ha! No worries dude! Yeah its weird for sure... Hey, at least it got you using the SP again right?

I hear you with that work around charm- its something you learn to love, right when the switch in your head flips into a new kind of sampling consciousness...

Man, I just bought the RZA's book about Tao. Now everything's got this Buddhist tinge to it.