It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Post subject: sp 606 audio interface question!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:28 pm 

hey, i just set up the usb connection and im running it through cubase and everything is working fine. the problem i have is that after i record a track, lets say a snare loop. when i got to record track 2, lets say a kick. i am recording the snare track as well, like i cant multitrack or something. how can i turn off the audio signal coming back from cubase to the 606. any way. i had this same problem with my 555 and dont remember if i figured it out. if there is a way to only send the output from the 606 and still hear the tracks you've recorded, then im cool. the manual sux in this department. or maybe its impossible and they just didnt include one of those manual sidebars that tell you what you CANNOT do.
peece
Spring!

Post subject: Re: sp 606 audio interface question!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:37 pm 

springwater wrote:
the problem i have is that after i record a track, lets say a snare loop. when i got to record track 2, lets say a kick. i am recording the snare track as well, like i cant multitrack or something. how can i turn off the audio signal coming back from cubase to the 606.

1st part about the kick vs snare track- are you recording these to the same sequencer track? If you're recording both to channel 1 then there's your problem. Try snares on 1 & kicks on 2, then mute sequencer tracks as you record.

As for the 2nd part about the audio feedback loop are you sending audio itself from Cubase-to-606 as the same time as sending audio from 606-to-Cubase? If so, break the chain & unplug the Cubase-to-606 cables. Or make sure the input source button isn't lit.

Does that help?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 pm 

well i dont think i can break the chain because with the usb set up, i think it automatically mixes both sources instead of letting you control what you send to cubase and what it sends back at the same time. fuck it tho. i had this problem with the 555 and never figured it out, ill just use the line in.
as for the sequencer tracks. i think i know how to multitrack. snares on a track kicks on a track. i got that. its audio, cant overdub audio in cubase. the problem is that its sending me the signal back so i cant record a clean track of something else. like if i have snares recorded. then set a new track and want to record kicks, its recording the snares too. like cubase is sending the signal back to the 606 through the usb and sending it right back to cubase, which isnt a problem when i record through the line in, since it only records whats going into the line in.
and it be pretty gay to record tracks without hearing the other tracks that keep you in time. so muting things wont help.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:19 am 

springwater wrote:
well i dont think i can break the chain because with the usb set up, i think it automatically mixes both sources instead of letting you control what you send to cubase and what it sends back at the same time. fuck it tho. i had this problem with the 555 and never figured it out, ill just use the line in.
as for the sequencer tracks. i think i know how to multitrack. snares on a track kicks on a track. i got that. its audio, cant overdub audio in cubase. the problem is that its sending me the signal back so i cant record a clean track of something else. like if i have snares recorded. then set a new track and want to record kicks, its recording the snares too. like cubase is sending the signal back to the 606 through the usb and sending it right back to cubase, which isnt a problem when i record through the line in, since it only records whats going into the line in.
and it be pretty gay to record tracks without hearing the other tracks that keep you in time. so muting things wont help.

Ah, so the problem's all midi-related... Apologies, I thought you were recording via audio ins. Not being familiar with Cubase, I doubt I can help out, at a guess I'd say your issue's on the Cubase side of things.