It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:57 pm

Post subject: Internal Banks? Help Appreciated
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:59 pm 

Which banks are internal on the sp without a compact flahs in it and with a compact flahs are those still the internal banks? Because I am goin to set my sp up like a keyboard startin with the low ovtaves on the first few banks and the mid octaves on the mid banks and the high octaves on the high banks (Basically every pad is goin to be considered a key like on a keyboard but I want to know how many banks are internal even with the highest mb cf card inserted inside the sp) ?

I seen 606 man had a multisample thred posted but I want to set each pad up to its on key on my 61 key keyboard.....Then when I sample sumthing I will put the sample on the banks after the banks with my keyboard keys on em.....

Can anyone help with this one??

AIM: heatahustla
www.myspace.com/youngheat05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:52 am 

That's the ticket. The 606 is the best SP for this as it has the most options for your multisample once it's in.

The answer to yoyr Q. is: banks 1-9 are all internal. For a 61 key keyboard this will be the first 4 banks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 am 

606man wrote:
That's the ticket. The 606 is the best SP for this as it has the most options for your multisample once it's in.

The answer to yoyr Q. is: banks 1-9 are all internal. For a 61 key keyboard this will be the first 4 banks...
thatnx 606 man now that I know this I will b unstoppable wit da 606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:51 am 

606man wrote:

At least on my SP, 1-8 are internal.

Also, if you are wanting multisamples for 61 keys, you can set the padbank number that the keyboard triggers; you are not limited to the internal pads. I personally keep my drum kits on the internal pad banks, and use multisamples on the cf card. This way, I am able to change the multisample/instrument by switching cards, eliminating the need to continually load multisamples throughout four pad banks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:42 am 

:oops: Oh yeah 9-32 are on the card, my bad.

I change drumkits constantly, so I keep them on the card... it's a good idea to have some kind of 'system' though, so you don't get lost.

Either way, it's essential to keep one-shot (short) sample on the internal banks - 8 banks of loops will not fit in the internal memory by a long way..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:25 pm 

606man wrote:
:oops: Oh yeah 9-32 are on the card, my bad.

I change drumkits constantly, so I keep them on the card... it's a good idea to have some kind of 'system' though, so you don't get lost.

Either way, it's essential to keep one-shot (short) sample on the internal banks - 8 banks of loops will not fit in the internal memory by a long way..
is that the highest the banks go? with a 512 cf card in the machine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:13 am 

Pad banks 9-32 only exist when a card is inserted, and yes, that is all there is. Having multiple cards will give you more; all info on those pad banks are stored on the card so you can access a new set of samples by switching the card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:43 am 

32 banks is a lot of samples - that's 512 samples at once! Not too many other samplers can offer that...

And as Metafizikal has already stated, you can simply swap cards for unlimited banks. A note on this; a pattern remembers which banks and which samples were used, so you need to make sure you've got the right card inserted for the current pattern or you'll have the pattern playing all sorts of wierd stuff... (this can, in itself, lead to some exciting discoveries!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:53 pm 

606man wrote:
32 banks is a lot of samples - that's 512 samples at once! Not too many other samplers can offer that...

And as Metafizikal has already stated, you can simply swap cards for unlimited banks. A note on this; a pattern remembers which banks and which samples were used, so you need to make sure you've got the right card inserted for the current pattern or you'll have the pattern playing all sorts of wierd stuff... (this can, in itself, lead to some exciting discoveries!).
what about if u yous different sounds from different cards on the same pattern?do you jus load the sounds up before playing the pattern?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:43 pm 

That wouldn't work - only the sounds on the currently inserted card can be used for a pattern you are making. 512 simultaneous samples is way more than you will need to make a pattern :lol:

Post subject: 100 sound limit
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 pm 

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. But has it been established that when importing sounds using the card via USB that the SP-606 can only "see" 100 sounds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:31 pm 

The file limit is 200 i believe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:17 pm 

tis true; the 606 only has 200 files in its filelist. Pretty silly it seems to me - and something they havent bothered fixing in the 555 either.

Nevertheless, in practice, it's not really an issue. If you have drumkits, multisamples or fx banks, you can load them 16-files at once via the autochop. Just load one file and turn it into 16! Using this method means you actually only need 32 files in the list to fill up every bank, leaving a grand total of 168 files free for phrases and loops...

Post subject: actual
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:33 pm 

It can hold 200 files, but if I import more than 100, I am not able to see them on the Card Utility IMPORT screen within the 606.
It's really strange, you can 'see' the files on the computer screen when you check the card, but when it comes time to import from the card to the pads, only 100 are visible- I counted.
Maybe I need to software upgrade-
I am still able to sample more sounds in, but for sure for sure, file importing only shows 100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:48 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

It is more likely a limitation of the file system used by the flash card and the SP it self. I cant tell exactly but there are two old computer file systems FAT and FAT32 (For comparison Windows XP and greater uses better and newer NTFS file system). I guess the SP's are using more older version (simple FAT) and that it allows you to have only up to ~200 files in a single folder. Thus I guess there is no way to change this as I have encountered similar problems with SP-505 also. They need to change the file systems of the new samplers.