It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

Post subject: Question about changing patterns in the SP606 sequencer
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm 

The manual isn't very descriptive about this.

How are patterns saved? Is there just a long list of them?

More importantly, if I have a pattern playing and I want to switch to another one smoothly, what do I do? Preferably to have the pattern start as soon as the currently playing one finishes. Is ther any way to match the patterns to the pads and be able to trigger a pattern by pressing that pad? Maybe holding down the pattern button?

I'm thinking of getting a 606, but I really have to be able to chain patterns together like that.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Question about changing patterns in the SP606 sequencer
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:42 am 

check out song mode... that may end up working out for what youre trying to do. i havent messed with it on the 606 but it sounds really similar to how the esx' song mode works and i used it regularly.

also i havent messed around with changing from one pattern to another much but the few times i did this happened (from what i remember)

pattern 1 is playing
switch to pattern 2
and when 2 is done it bounced back to 1 again 2 didnt keep looping..

i have only had my 606 for like a month and the only time i did that was one of the first few times i turned on the 606 so i could be totally wrong here.

also another thing to keep in mind is the track sequencer. i started out putting drums on each track and doing track mutes for drums but lately ive been keeping the drums on one track and putting melody stuff on the 3 remaining tracks. most people probably do that but i didnt even think about jumping out of record mode and muting a track and jumping back in to record more loops over drums on a new track. the 606 is rad

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:06 am 

I'm new to this site and new to the 606. However, I do know that patterns are automatically saved once you record your pattern. You can even name the pattern such as main beat, break down, chorus, and so forth. If you want to switch to another pattern, jsut turn the dial. If you look at my first vid, you will see how I turn the dial to switch patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGTFBCXe4J8

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 pm 

^^Exactly, turn the dial while the pattern is playing. The pattern will switch to another pattern after the previous is finished, depending on how many bars they were programmed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:10 pm 

speak_onion wrote:
The manual isn't very descriptive about this.

How are patterns saved? Is there just a long list of them?

More importantly, if I have a pattern playing and I want to switch to another one smoothly, what do I do? Preferably to have the pattern start as soon as the currently playing one finishes. Is ther any way to match the patterns to the pads and be able to trigger a pattern by pressing that pad? Maybe holding down the pattern button?

I'm thinking of getting a 606, but I really have to be able to chain patterns together like that.

Thanks!

i also tried to find out if it;s possible to play patterns using pads or at least to play loops using pads in a way taht rebirth used to - when you press pad with a loop it plays then you press another pad with a loop but it only starts playing after previous one finished playing - but i guess it;s impossible on sp-606