It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

Post subject: Roland SP-606 and Windows 7 (32bit)
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 pm 

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a mint condition Roland SP-606 for $150 bucks here in Tokyo, JAPAN. I checked online at Roland and found the P606 software and drivers for WinXP without any problems ( They didn't have Win7 of course and Vista isn't compatible). I then installed it on Windows 7 which was pretty straight forward. I found that everything worked prefectly in case people need to know if things work on Win7 or not. I also picked up Kinetic 2 and that works great also. I particularly like Kinetic 2 over P606 because I can save to WAV format and import via 512MB cards. I have found that the "EXT SEQ SAMPLING" option trims my imports funny and later gives me troubles getting a solid loop. I have followed the manual to a "T" on that and as far as I'm concerned the "EXT SEQ SAMP" is crap when it comes to grabbing loops. However, I have found that simply saving loops to WAV and then using the CF card is trouble free! 512MB CF cards are abundant and really cheap here in Japan too.

Anyways, the entire setup on Windows 7 (32bit) with P606, USB Drivers, and Kinetic 2 was a breeze!

Jim

Post subject: Re: Roland SP-606 and Windows 7 (32bit)
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:30 pm 

Japan is a cool place, never been there but things seem to never discontinue over there.

Props.

Post subject: Re: Roland SP-606 and Windows 7 (32bit)
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm 

How did you install the drivers on to windows 7. I'm having massive problems at the min trying to install them!? :oops: