It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:20 am

Post subject: Sequencing on the 606
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:43 pm 

I Really want to get one now, All I need to know though now is if anyone has successfully sequenced a motif, triton, or fantom on one of these bad boys. Please respond, Much Appreciated :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 am 

I don't see the point in using the sp's sequencer in place of the ones on the workstations you mentioned.

I have been trying to sequence my juno-d through the sp, but have had little luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:06 am 

METAFYZIKAL wrote:
I don't see the point in using the sp's sequencer in place of the ones on the workstations you mentioned.

I have been trying to sequence my juno-d through the sp, but have had little luck.

actually i have the motif es6 and the sequencer sucks on it. id like it if it had a step sequencer like the mpc does

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:23 am 

So what are the step sequencers available out there, software and hardware? There's got to be some freeware/shareware...

iDrum (cheap drum machine software for MAC) has a nice sequencer interface, like the TR-X0X drum machines. I don't know if that is actually the "step" style you're referring to, and I don't know how good the MIDI triggering capabilities are from iDrum, but you might check that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:04 am 

i dont think any of these answered my questions. all i want to know is if i need a bass (or extra sounds) for a beat im making can i sequence a bass line that i created in the motif into the sp 606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:49 am 

It can send midi, and the manual has pages dedicated to midi info, so I'd assume you can do it, though I haven't tried :oops:

Post subject: Basically no
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:53 am 

Not like an MPC, where you can switch btwn DRUM & MIDI tracks. I have went 606 midi OUT to a synth module, with that module's AUDIO out going into the SP-606 ins and you can play-control via pads while in ext mode, albiet no custom pad layouts, and no recording or sampling and no FX tweaking, although whatever fx you have set before you go into EXT mode stays.. if I rememba correctly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:14 pm 

Here's a reply from roland support about using the sp as an external sequencer (in this case, to sequence my juno-d synth)...

"The SP-606's sequencer is pretty basic. It can only be used to control its internal samples. You could trigger the SP-606's samples from the Juno-D via MIDI and sequence that way, but there's no way to send that data back to the Juno-D to play its sounds."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 pm 

I love the 606 sequencer - it's so fast to get ideas sketched out on, by far the fastest workflow of any hardware sequencer I've used. It's *just* a sketchpad though... get the ideas out fast and refine them later. So, yeah pretty basic = pretty quick :D

Why not just use Logic/Cubase/Sonar to sequence the other gear? Complicated tasks need complicated sequencers. Like the MPC, for example :lol:

Post subject: I have a few more questions for everyone
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:55 am 

I don't have thsoe synths you've mentioned.. But I successful sequence the 606 to my Emu Command Stations (2) and it worked fine, a couple of glicthes when I selected different tracks but it was the settings on my Command Station.. However, I wouldn't use the 606 sequencer.. I would use your synth it's much more powerful..

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 am 

METAFYZIKAL wrote:
Here's a reply from roland support about using the sp as an external sequencer (in this case, to sequence my juno-d synth)...

"The SP-606's sequencer is pretty basic. It can only be used to control its internal samples. You could trigger the SP-606's samples from the Juno-D via MIDI and sequence that way, but there's no way to send that data back to the Juno-D to play its sounds."

Thanks for sharing.

Hmm, it remains weird that the MIDI Implem Chart states that for EXT MODE MIDI-notes are being sent ... :roll: they might mean something else with that then, but what...?

Thanks