It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Post subject: Windows 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 am 

Is roland going to put out drivers for the sp606 for windows 7. Is the 606 compatable at with windows 7 at all?

Post subject: Re: Windows 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:54 am 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I believe it will be when using Windows legacy mode (or more commonly called Windows XP Mode). Roland released Vista drivers, but before they did that the SP-606 ran fine in on Vista with Windows XP mode.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, for Windows 7, check this out:
http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs ... ows-7.aspx

Important to note is that it's an external update you'll have to download separately from the Microsoft website and is available for free to users of Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 am 

Did anyone get an opportunity to test this - ie, whether the SP-606 is compatible with Windows 7?

I got rid of my SP-606 a couple of years ago, but I'm thinking of buying one again because I found it far better to work with than what I have now.

However, I have switched over to Windows 7 and need to be sure that I could at least connect the SP-606 via USB and access the CF card in that way. I'm not bothered about the audio interface functions.

I'd get one of the current models, the SP-555 or SP-404sx, but it looks as if the editing functions of those are a lot more limited due to the lack of a proper display screen.

Whilst I now have a Fantom-G synth workstation, which has many wonderful features, I am not happy with the way it handles sampling - in particular, its inability to stream samples as and when needed. You have to load every single sample in your project/set into the RAM in order to access them, which can take several minutes if you've got a lot of sample data in your songs. That's fine for multisampled instruments but far too much hassle for working with audio loops and phrases.

Ableton Live 8; NI Kontakt 3.5; Sony Sound Forge 9; Intel E6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, running MSWin7; Edirol FA-66; Akai APC40; Roland Fantom-G6; Alesis Fusion 6HD & Micron; Waldorf Blofeld; A&H Zed-12FX; Lexicon MX200; Samson Resolv 50a

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:35 pm 

which windows7 you have?32bit or 64?i hope 32!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:41 pm 

Yes, it's 32bit. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Ableton Live 8; NI Kontakt 3.5; Sony Sound Forge 9; Intel E6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, running MSWin7; Edirol FA-66; Akai APC40; Roland Fantom-G6; Alesis Fusion 6HD & Micron; Waldorf Blofeld; A&H Zed-12FX; Lexicon MX200; Samson Resolv 50a

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 pm 

i have the 64 version so i can't try it...i'm sure it will work on the 32bit but i can't be 100% sure...like phemox said the compability mode should work...