It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

Post subject: Move from 505 to 606
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 am 

I admit when I went to the Music Go Round trading post to think about switching out my 505.. I could not bear to let my sp 505 go for the shit they were offering (100 bucks!) Maybe I will sell it sometime soon...

Anyway, it took me about a day or so to move around on it the way I want, but the 606 is the mad notes! This shit's Mastering button alone produces NICE sounds. The D beam is pretty fun to play with sometimes too.. just filter up your beat and start "WAH WAH WAAAH" all over the tracks!

Pads are great (I am still adjusting to using Velocity Sensitive for patterns.. but I actually like the way these thangs hit without the Veloc.) I find my drum loops way tighter and think that maybe the 505 has some funky responsiveness.

The function button is a little bit annoying, as well as the limits on erasing in Patter Rec Mode (if you are working with multiple drums, and just want to take out a little here and there.. it's either one at a time or the whole track's worth of real time erasing.) I do not really like micro editing drums too too much. Also, because there are so many options, this function button is getting out of hand!! THE CHOICES

I do have a question.. the manual was confusing me a bit. I have figured out how to put effects on what buttons I want... but is there a way to discern between what pads you put the 2 effects on? If I want to put some fuzz on a pad, and compress a different pad.. is that possible? Thanks!

Big ups to the forum! Not too many problems going on in this thread I see!!
ahaha, I love this thing.

Post subject: Re: Move from 505 to 606
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:17 am 

Whoa! Just deleted a first set of chops and realized that you can actually play back the Pads while choosing which ones to delete. No more switching between poppin' pads and delete MODE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:04 am 

no you can't assign different FX to different pads unfortunately

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:10 pm 

Thanks dude... unfortunate!

Just gotta warp everything I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:12 am 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

I never liked the microedit at first either but now that shit is my best friend (I rarely erase in realtime anymore). I'm glad ur happy with the 606 man it's a great machine, I could never see myself letting it go

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 pm 

good purchase :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm 

you should keep the 505 just for the andvanced pitch and chop cababilities!also you could use it to record the 606 patterns..!I used to had them both for a while and they really liked each other!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:48 am 

What I hate about the SP606 is the damn buttons that feel cheap and give an annoying clickety clack sound when pressed. They all should be rubber.

Just my two centavos.