It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am

Post subject: Foot controller setup (w/ Behringer FCB1010)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:21 pm 

I'm looking to repurchase an SP 606 now that I have some funds (sold mine awhile back for twice what I paid), but I am looking to use it for a different purpose now. I want to trigger samples with a footswitch while I play guitar live.

I know that for any of the SPs, to trigger samples requires sending a Note On midi message. Most Midi foot controls don't do this. The Behringer FCB1010 DOES do this, but only at a velocity of 64 or something. I was originally looking at just getting a 303, but coming out at a velocity of 64 seems like it would be a problem. Since the 606 has velocity pads, I figured that I could just set all of the pads to 127 rather than the REAL setting and that no matter what the foot controller sent it would trigger at 127.

Basically, my question is, if anyone has a midi keyboard or anything, is it possible to fix the pads on the 606 so that they always trigger at 127 no matter what the MIDI velocity settings sent are?

It is hard to explain this stuff.

Post subject: Re: Foot controller setup (w/ Behringer FCB1010)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm 

Also, does it really make that much of a difference if the velocity sends at 64 or whatever it is? Wouldn't it only matter if volume was sent extremely low? I should probably just be able to crank up the master output.

Post subject: Re: Foot controller setup (w/ Behringer FCB1010)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:11 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I'm not sure about this.

Perhaps you can set the SP-606 to fixed velocity and then use the footcontroller, then it will simply play the samples at their maximum volume (I think the fixed velocity overwrites any midi data).

Quote:
Also, does it really make that much of a difference if the velocity sends at 64 or whatever it is?

I'd assume not, but if it's say 127, it will simply play at max volume anyway. 64 isn't that loud, but also not that low. Isn't there some way you can get more technical data from that footswitch? I'm thinking there should be manuals of just about all Behringer gear online. :)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox