It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am

Post subject: Very Newbie question (realtime recording)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:08 pm 

Hello,
I just bought a 606, and I'm having trouble recording a pattern. I have followed the manual as far setting up a realtime record, and all I see on the screen is 1:01, I don't see a lead in, or hear a metronome. Is there something obvous I'm missing? I was hoping that someone could post the steps to get this thing going. I'm starting to think this machine is defective, but I don't want to start making ebay and paypal disputes if it's just user error.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Very Newbie question (realtime recording)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:42 pm 

The best thing you an do is downlaod the manual.then by searching "metronome" you would see that in system menu there is an option to set it to off,only when recording, or always :)

Also check if the sp is on "slave" midi mode,press function and the midi pad(pad 10 something).
if it is then change it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm 

I have already download the manual, and have followed the instructions. I just can't seem to get it to start recording. I was hoping someone could walk me through it in their own words.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 pm 
Winner of Gold Medal
Winner of Gold Medal

as far as the metronome goes...hit the menu button... press enter on system...set ur metro. mode accordingly to rec only, rec and play, or on... and make sure the metronome level is up.... if ur metronome was off then that that prolly explains why u had problems

when u wanna record... hit the record button... enter on realtime record...a standard pattern is usually set up as a 4/4 beat with 4 measures.... and u want ur count to be at least 1 measure to get prepared before actually recording....so if its at 1 measure...u'll hear 4 tick before u start recording.... 8 ticks for a 2 measure countdown.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm 

also make sure the 606 is set to pattern mode and make sure the metronome is turned on. hit record, find a pattern bank you want to use, select which track and pad bank etc.. and wait for the count down to your measures. the record light should be solid red. Or like you said you could have a faulty machine. Read the manual several times to make sure you are doing it correctly. I hope this info helps even though I might have left some steps out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm 

I found out what it was thanks to roland support. Whoever had it before, had midi mode set to slave.

Thanks for all of your help, I'm sure i'll be back soon.