It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm

Post subject: Need suggestions on new equipment.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:00 pm 

I have a SP-606 and ive been messing around with it. I want to make beats and buy new equipment. I also want to connect everything into one so I don't have to keep switching everything. Is there something out there to connect everything into one, is that what a interface does? But a external one?

I also would like to buy a nice keyboard. Something that would work with my 606. I also have a guitar and would like to use. I want this all connected into one so I don't have to keep switching everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im also getting a record player, but if there is anything else you suggest let me know.

Post subject: Re: Need suggestions on new equipment.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:15 pm 

LilWayne wrote:
I also want to connect everything into one so I don't have to keep switching everything.

Could be a few things to do this. An audio patchbay and Midi patchbay could get everything running in, out, and/or through your 606. Maybe a Mixer, so you can plug everything into it. Maybe even s usb or firewire mixer, it can interface with your gear and your computer. I know it's vague but maybe this can help you figure out exactly what it is your looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 am 

A mixer would be the place to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:58 pm 

Can you post a link of what a mixer is? Could you also explain what a mixer is? And suggest which one would go good with a SP-606?

I also want this equipment to be a DJ and make beats.

I'm also going to be using a laptop with XP. But its not the best. This computer is good but I rather use a laptop to move around from houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:07 pm 

LilWayne wrote:
Can you post a link of what a mixer is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixing_console

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:46 pm 

I know this kid is new but whats funny is how kids wake up one day and say they want to produce im not putting him down but they think they can jus buy equipment and jus make beats u have to experiment ya know u cant jus jump on a message board and ask people what sumthin us or what should u buy to make beats WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU TO MAKE BEATS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD USE! what sum1 else uses isnt gonna help u make beats its all preference!!!! IM NOT PUTTING ANY1 DOWN! IM GLAD HES ASKING WHAT TO USE BUT AT THE SAME TIME HES WASTING HIS TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO USE! if u already have the sp then experiment on that and see what u come up with u say you've had for awhile but u hardly used it and now u want more when u havent even messed with the first thing!

HOPE U FIND WHATS GOOD 4 YA! :roll:

AIM: heatahustla
www.myspace.com/youngheat05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:04 am 

YoungHeat wrote:
I know this kid is new but whats funny is how kids wake up one day and say they want to produce im not putting him down but they think they can jus buy equipment and jus make beats u have to experiment ya know u cant jus jump on a message board and ask people what sumthin us or what should u buy to make beats WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU TO MAKE BEATS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD USE! what sum1 else uses isnt gonna help u make beats its all preference!!!! IM NOT PUTTING ANY1 DOWN! IM GLAD HES ASKING WHAT TO USE BUT AT THE SAME TIME HES WASTING HIS TIME TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO USE! if u already have the sp then experiment on that and see what u come up with u say you've had for awhile but u hardly used it and now u want more when u havent even messed with the first thing!

HOPE U FIND WHATS GOOD 4 YA! :roll:

I'm not a kid and by the way you're typing you sound more of a kid with you're grammar, kid. You always have to ask to get somewhere. I never said I'm going to be the best producer alive now did I? Why don't you try to get some facts before telling us your opinion? I have messed around with it and made some quality beats. I am asking what can I use to put everything together on one so I don't have to switch back and forth between wires. I'm buying a keyboard so I want to connect everything in one. Please get your facts straight before giving your opinion. Thanks.

I really don't believe I said I would be the best producer alive. Don't like it? Don't reply.

You have to start somewhere, btw. Why not ask questions.

You keep on with the hate and at the same time you will motivate and I will appreciate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:13 am 

Don't fight guys - there's no need for it here...we're all here to help each other learn. I've been making music since 1989 and I still learn new stuff nearly every day.

If you wish to have a go at people, try this place:

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/

they love to argue :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:20 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Real talk, that's a FP post, don't give the Admin a reason to choose moderators, everyone gets along here and we like it that way, no question is ever dumb or silly. Didn't mean to get all, I have a dream on you guys but can't we all just hit a bong?. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:24 am 

http://www.djxpress.com.au/products.php ... 6d2638d0fc

check out korg's zero8 or zero4 if you want a mixer that is for both studio work AND dj work. They're not cheap but they are pretty amazing bits of kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:26 am 

DR.Sample303 wrote:
Real talk, that's a FP post, don't give the Admin a reason to choose moderators, everyone gets along here and we like it that way, no question is ever dumb or silly. Didn't mean to get all, I have a dream on you guys but can't we all just hit a bong?. :mrgreen:

Imma gonna go home from work today and have one in honour of Dr. Sample's WISE WORDS!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:14 am 

As I said in the post I wasent goin at him I was jus tryna say experiment with ur stuf man thats the only way ur really gonna get anywhere we all had to start with sumthin and i know this message board didnt get u started....I mean its cool to ask whats good about sumthin but not whats good for u or whats best for you because no1 knows how you make music or what you like I WAS NOT COMMING AT HIM! i was jus stating sumthing

AIM: heatahustla
www.myspace.com/youngheat05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:20 am 

DR.Sample303 wrote:
can't we all just hit a bong?. :mrgreen:

smoked a sly joint just then, about to start a little beat-making session

loving it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:29 am 

YoungHeat wrote:
As I said in the post I wasent goin at him I was jus tryna say experiment with ur stuf man thats the only way ur really gonna get anywhere we all had to start with sumthin and i know this message board didnt get u started....I mean its cool to ask whats good about sumthin but not whats good for u or whats best for you because no1 knows how you make music or what you like I WAS NOT COMMING AT HIM! i was jus stating sumthing

It's cool man, don't sweat it. Everyone around here just wants to make sure this place doesn't turn into futureproducers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:43 am 
303 Award Winner '09

It's all to the bueno, just pass the dutchie pon da lefthand side. :D