It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 am

Post subject: SP 606 & RECYCLE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:14 am 

Any knows if recycle recognizes the sp 606 as a controller to trigger chops on the program? for example, using the sp 606 pads to trigger a chop on recycle. some might as, why the hell i would want to do this but for some of us the auto-chop option on the 606 isnt that helpful. i have gone thru the forum and alot of users recommend the manual chop which is cool but i was looking for other faster options. if anyone have any recommendations please help. thanks, peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm 

yes the auto chop isnt the geatest, works good for drums because there is space between notes. I edit my samples manually, you get way better results. I know you can use the 606 with reason, but not sure on recycle, it seems to me that by the time you sample everything into reason and hook up the 606 would take more time than using just the 606. If you want something faster try getting a 404 or 303 those machines are meant to work stuff up fast, for djs mainly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:35 am 

thanks. i mainly looking to chop of song samples. i see that drum samples are way easier cuz of the space but the majority of my work is off of songs. i have a mac so its much more difficult. most of the people i know can use fruity loops and hook up an mpd pad and start working. but as you know fruity loops isnt available for mac. im working off protools and reason 4.0. i have recycle but sometimes i get discouraged having to load sample into recycle then transfer into reason. its a huge cycle. yes, i started manual chopping. the only reason im asking is because, u might relate on this, when you have an idea, u want to act on it fast. the best is having your idea play out exactly as you had it in mind. sometimes after resampling 6 or 8 times you lose it alittle. maybe its just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 am 

Hey there, DOMINICANYORK2 I hear you man.

Been running Reason 3 with Recycle & exporting to SP606 for further tweaking/performing. Most of my sampling now is from CDs/TV & from recording myself jamming on other instruments.

Recycling can be a tedious process if you let it get that way, but Recycle's a sweet accompaniment to quick edits for the SP606 (or any SP I 'spose). Have you tried slowing the tempo of a sample & pitching it down at the same time (like you're playing a 45rpm record at 33&1/3 rpm) on the SP606 alone? That's a stupid slow process that Recycle does with one dial.

Sorry but it really just comes down to patience & knowing your gear back to front.