It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 am

Post subject: SP-606 and Juno-D
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 pm 

Hello everyone

I have recently added a SP-606 to my collection and would like to use my Juno-D synth in conjunction. I am fairly new to midi, but I'm catching on.

I would like to use the SP as a sequencer for the onboard tones on my juno. The only thing I can do is use the juno's keys to trigger samples. Is there a way to get my juno's sounds without sampling through the sp's inputs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:25 am 

Pity the D doesn't have even a basic equencer of it's own - then you would have a top live setup!

As it is, the trouble that trying to use the SP sequencer to control the D would far outweigh the benefits...I *think* it could be done, but you would be getting a very expensive sequencer for the D only - the SP wouldn't be able to do any 'SP' things while sequencing the D's sounds.

I would use the SP as a beat/bassline sequencer and play the D live over the top....but that's me.

Perhaps try Ebay for a cheap midi sequencer to control the D - then you would be able to use the two machines together and in sync..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:39 am 

I was afraid of this. I had to get the D just before the G version came out. Oh well. I was thinking I could create a watered down version of the fantom with the two, but with a good multitrack I'm fine in the studio. Like you suggested, I use the the sp as a beat machine.

It is one hell of a live setup actually. Add my turntables and I'm playing for hours, never bored!!!